Upper pulley questions

Sperm Rocket

Established Member
I currently have a 4lb lower pulley on my 01, has an 03 engine if it matters. Can I add a 2lb upper and still be reliable? This is my only vehicle so it needs to stay reliable. My other mods are long tubes, offroad y/full exhaust, air raid intake, and diablosport tune.

Also, which are better, steel or aluminim pulleys?

Lastly, who has the best price on these?

Thanks!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Call Lethal and get a BilletFlow pulley. 2 more pounds of boost will be safe, but you should get a custom tune. Al pulleys are fine. One other thing to consider is if you have a 2 piece lower you can just buy a new 6 pound ring and not have to mess with the upper. That would be favorable from the belt slip aspect.

Sperm Rocket

Established Member
So a 6lb lower is better than a 4lo/2up combination? Meh, I bought the truck with the 4lb lower so I may as well keep it. Its a 1 piece. How much is the billitflow pulley?
I haven't been able to find much but there's one on ebay where you can change out the rings, its an upper, steel, for like $100. Kinda seems dumb thought because the diference prolly isn't but a third of a pound of boost.

Sperm Rocket

Established Member
Also, what size diameter is a 2lb upper?
I heard a stock cobra pulley will work as a 2lb upper for our trucks. True or false?
I'm guessin I won't see much of a difference by adding 2lbs of boost... I'm really hoping with this addtition, I can get this thing into the 12's. It hasn't seen the track yet since I've owned it.

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
More Power Mods = Less Reliable

If you add more power, you will have to beat on it to test how much you really gained. There are a limited number of full WOT runs in each engine regardless.

Just food for thought, if it works now and is reliable(your primary concern), do you really want to gamble for 10 to 20 horsepower gain? If so, start lining up alternate transportation before you start.

But hey, that is just my $.02, it is your truck enjoy it any way you want.:rockon:

Sperm Rocket

Established Member
I was just wondering what mods I can do that keeps this thing reliable, as in, not breaking stuff constantly. I don't beat on it at all but I do enjoy a few wot pulls weekly.

Users who are viewing this thread