Upper Pulley

tx03snake

Established Member
Back in June I purchased an 03 Cobra and the guy that originally owned it had some stuff done to it. He has an upper pulley on it but I am trying to figure out what size it is instead of going up to a shop to see because I really do not have any time. So my question is how do I measure my upper to see what size I have on it?

Thanks guys

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
A set of calipers if you have them, if not the good old trusty tape measurer or ruler would give you an idea of what size. Have you had the car on the dyno or hooked up to a wideband to check the A/F?

tx03snake

Established Member
but do I measure it just top to bottom and that will give me the size?

and I have had the car put on the dyno but not hooked up to check the A/F.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
but do I measure it just top to bottom and that will give me the size?

and I have had the car put on the dyno but not hooked up to check the A/F.

Why would you put the car on a dyno but not check the A/F, that's the most important part of the dyno run!

tx03snake

Established Member
the place i bought it from, autoconnectionusa, had it put on the dyno it is something they do with all of there cobras so i didnt find it out cause it was done without me there.

but can you please answer my question about do i just measure from top to bottom or what i exactly measure?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If you measure the outside w/a ruler/tape you should get a pretty good idea what size it is.Inside is the correct way.I just measured a BF 2.93 I had laying in the garage.It measured 3-1/16'' outside.

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
do you happen to know how much boost the car is making? this can somewhat help to deterimine how small the pulley is. the popular sizes are 2.93, 2.8 and a 2.76. if you have an aftermarket gauge or a calibrated factory with boost overlay you can get a pretty good idea of the ballpark.

2.93= 11-12lbs
2.8 = 12-13lbs
2.76= 13-14lbs

some cars produce more or less so this is just to give a general idea. and can be affected by other mods done to the car.

tx03snake

Established Member
i just have the stock boost gauge to go off of and it pegs it at 10 so i really do not know exactly what the boost numbers are. right now i am looking to get a new upper pulley and get it retuned so thats why i am trying to figure out what size this is cause if it is already the size i want i dont want to get a new one if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread