UPR coil over and tokiko alumina issue

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
So I have this squeak in the front end after installing ulr coil overs and tokico drag struts. Well the spring is rubbing against the coilover. Also the nut on top of the strut doesent seem to grab enough of the threads. Or is this normal. Heres a pic
20121104_135601.gif

SVTurbo

Established Member
I had to remove the 14" 175# springs that came with my D&D motorsport coilovers and put in 12" 175# to stop the rubbing and noise. The 14" springs bowed enough to contact both the coilover sleeve and strut body.

WornSleeve.gif

12-17514-175Comparison.gif

12-175SpringSleeve.gif

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Hmm I had a rubbing issue my 175lb 14" where rubbing my stock 17x9 wheels a 1/4 inc wheel spacer fixed it,

I have mm cc plates and was short on threads on my strange struts, I removed on of my spacers all is well now.

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
svturbo thats where my springs are hitting i guess ill just have to live with it if im going to keep those spings in there.

kingcobra instead of running a spacer you can slighty grind the 2 lower strut bolts and that will allow you to run more positive camber at the knuckle giving you more room between the top of the tire and the strut

SVTurbo

Established Member
I lived with it for about 10k miles but the noise just kept getting worse.

The new springs are from summit racing and a good deal at only $35 each.

Users who are viewing this thread