UPR guys

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
i am buying the k member front suspension kit for my cobra and was wondering what combos you guys are running as far as spring rates, shocks, and other accessories i might need. did anyone get the bolt kit for $70 or is it not necessary?

94venomV8

Established Member
I didnt get the bolt kit, if your car has a ton of miles on it, it may be a good idea though. As far as spring rates what are you looking to do? My car is mostly street car so I wanted a comfortable ride for my family as well. I went with the 12/250 which UPR told me was close to stock spring rate. If you are going for a street/strip setup I would go up to a 14" spring with whatever spring rate you choose, but a 175 spring rate would probably be good for something like that.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
I didnt get the bolt kit, if your car has a ton of miles on it, it may be a good idea though. As far as spring rates what are you looking to do? My car is mostly street car so I wanted a comfortable ride for my family as well. I went with the 12/250 which UPR told me was close to stock spring rate. If you are going for a street/strip setup I would go up to a 14" spring with whatever spring rate you choose, but a 175 spring rate would probably be good for something like that.

street strip. nothing fancy. i want something comfortable that wont give me trouble on the street but i want it to perform well at the track. if i get more serious into racing it i'll just buy new springs later on. how do you like your setup and what else did you get to go with it like shocks etc....

Sssnakebite

Established Member
I plan on going with a 12/250.

I need to replace the shorties with long tubes and figured what the heck go and do that as well

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
i believe i am going with the 12/250 springs with strange 10 way adjustables. i heard its a decent setup.

Users who are viewing this thread