Upr o/r x pipe installed , exhaust hanging way low!

SVTMikeD

Established Member
Just installed the upr x pipe with my magnaflow catback and sounds great, but its only sitting about 2 inches off the ground and im not even lowered. Any ideas?

uploadfromtaptalk1398292516069.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398292534812.jpg

mhinchley

Established Member
It's angles. You have to to position the x pipe so that it run parallel to the floor. Then the pipes that are infront of the mufflers look to be about 90* off & need to be rotated so that the mufflers sit up in the pockets under the rear seat. They are NOT supposed to be level with the x pipe, but well above it.
IMAG0003_zps3d7d09c6.jpg

IMAG0002_zps4960dc52.jpg

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
well for starters turn the flange on the front connection so that it's not up and down, that isn't helping the scraping thing any. After that loosen the rear connections, jack up the piping and then retighten. You'll gain atleast a few inches that way. My car had the exact same midpipe/catback on it last summer and my cars lowered ~1.5". At first i'd scrape on mild bumps or crowned roads. After I did what I just told you to do, I never scraped again over the same bumps.

SVTMikeD

Established Member
well for starters turn the flange on the front connection so that it's not up and down, that isn't helping the scraping thing any. After that loosen the rear connections, jack up the piping and then retighten. You'll gain atleast a few inches that way. My car had the exact same midpipe/catback on it last summer and my cars lowered ~1.5". At first i'd scrape on mild bumps or crowned roads. After I did what I just told you to do, I never scraped again over the same bumps.

I did notice I have the flange vertical.. lol. I will try what you said.. thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread