UPR offroad X-Pipe w/ Magnaflow = Love

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
98Rsnake said:
how are the power gains on an o/r x pipe over the stock h? i am considering doing the upr o/r x and have heard people say they gained up to 15rwhp and some say they have lost hp with the x pipe.

You might loose a little boost. If your tune is correctly set up you should gain a little hp and torque. It will breath a little better on the top end. fyi:coolman:

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
98Rsnake said:
i dont have a tune or a pulley yet just a cai and a c/b will it still help?

I would do the pulley, tune, and x-pipe at the same time. Have a shop dyno tune in real time - you will always make more power verus canned tunes. Your car will feel and sound like a complete animal. I was 460/472 at the wheels on 6th dyno pull with stock mid-pipe. The pulley and tune make the biggest improvement!

Bullitt4110

Established Member
My car had that set-up when I first bought it, I liked it but the cops did not. I now have a magnaflow catted X and magnaflow catback and I like th sound of it, it is quite a bit quiter under WOT than the O/R X.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the maggie o/r x + maggie catback combo. I have this setup (+ 4" rolled borla-style maggie tips) waiting to be put on. It's all here waiting on me to get off my dead ass & do it:rockon:

98Rsnake

Grease Monkey
Established Member
well i ordered a used upr o/r x pipe from a member here for 140 shipped. i hope i dont loose power with it? i dont have the cash for a pulley and tune now so i just got some free mil eleminators from a friend.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
My UPR 0/R X-pipe is sitting at home, with the MIL eliminators, and 02 extensions ready to go with my Magnaflow CB already on......not going to be able to install for a few more weeks (cash shortage). But I will still post a clip when I finally get it on.

DaBoss302

Established Member
MaCaNs said:
My UPR 0/R X-pipe is sitting at home, with the MIL eliminators, and 02 extensions ready to go with my Magnaflow CB already on......not going to be able to install for a few more weeks (cash shortage). But I will still post a clip when I finally get it on.

did you get your installed yet? if so hows the sound

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the maggie o/r x + maggie catback combo. I have this setup (+ 4" rolled borla-style maggie tips) waiting to be put on. It's all here waiting on me to get off my dead ass & do it:rockon:

Finished this ^^^^ install earlier this evening. Car sounds perfect imo & the 4" rolled tips really set nicely with the rear fascia design of these cars. Now I just need to button up a few things on my gauge pillar install & she'll be ready to roll:rockon:

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
DaBoss302 said:
did you get your installed yet? if so hows the sound

Hopefully next week!! Been busy with work, and spending money on other stuff (wife is expecting)!!

Hopefully midweek. We'll see. I will post a clip, once installed. :rockon:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
MaCaNs said:

What cash shortage, you already bought all the parts?? :shrug:

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
not putting on my self...I don't have the proper setup to do it, plus the place i'm going is an hour and ten minutes away.....and i have a busy work schedule, and $100 for the install is alot when b!tchy pregnant wife is expecting and would rather put $$ elsewhere...lol....(i could go on). I get paid on monday.....should have it installed....relax.......i wanna hear more than anyone!!!

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Evolution Performance in PA, is putting on my o/r UPR X tomorrow, i will let you know what they sound like with the magnaflow catback as soon as I can.

Last edited:

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Well it took the installer about an hour to put on my UPR o/r X, and it turned my car into a mean SOB. Man, really loud, sounds great at 2-3,000 rpm......than absolutley rediculous at WOT. Hard to hear the Eaton.

I will try to get a video in the next few days an post it.....

Users who are viewing this thread