UPR Quadrant Question

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Last year i was using the steeda quadrant with no problems but recently i decided to install the triplehook UPR quadrant using there cable and i cannot believe how much harder it is to push my clutch down compared to the way it was before. I have it set in the middle position underneath and have some foot pedal play on my clutch but it pushes down alot harder but still smooth. I am thinking it could be the UPR cable that is making it push down so hard and thinking about replacing it with the steeda cable. I have already tried loosing and tighting the firewall adjuster alot both ways and is still the the same once you feel resistance from pushing the clutch down and still is hard to push down either way. Any suggestions would be great!

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
UPR cable is a piece of junk, i had one myself (for a VERY short period of time). i had at least 5 people on here tell me they snapped them.

go back to the stock cable. it's stronger than most aftermarket cables, and it will make the clutch MUCH lighter.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
UPR cable is a piece of junk, i had one myself (for a VERY short period of time). i had at least 5 people on here tell me they snapped them.

go back to the stock cable. it's stronger than most aftermarket cables, and it will make the clutch MUCH lighter.
;-)

trey193

Established Member
Aww man Matt I didnt know you are using their cable as well, I am betting thats the whole problem, I have heard more than a handful of times of the aftermarket cables causing problems, I have always been told to always use an OEM cable and if a new one is needed to always buy a new stocker, install your stock cable and all your problems will go away!:)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
If the configuration of the two quadrants is different, that may account for the change in pedal pressure, or part of it anyway.
If the radius of the new quadrant is larger than the old one, it will be harder to depress the pedal. If they are the same, then look at the only other thing that was changed, the cable.
Stock cables work fine.

Dana

blk96SVT

Established Member
Go with the OEM cable. I have the UPR triple hook quad with firewall adjuster and stock cable and the pedal is not stiff at all, very easy to press.

rezcobra

Established Member
I had an aftermarket cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster intalled and the pedal pressure increased quite a bit. I'll be changing back to OEM. Thanks for the info.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Update!!! I took out the UPR cable as reccommended by you guys and installed my Steeda cable in place of and now my clutch and shifting on my car is the best i have ever felt since i have had my car.Thanks for all the replys:beer:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I was just browsing this forum, and this thread has helped me out. I was getting so sick of my UPR cable because it's so tough to press but thank you guys. Back to stock.

Users who are viewing this thread