UPR X pipe leaking ...going insane

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
alright, so having finally removed the stock H pipe that has never been taken off i finally put the UPR X pipe up...

i used a new gasket on the passenger side manifold but it appears that the exhaust is leaking at that manifold/mid section joint. i have been google searching all day because i drove it to work today for the first drive and heard it. many people said that the O/R x pipe sounds like an exhaust leak and it's not actually leaking ...not sure that's my case.

after google searching and reading various forum posts i have found most people have had leaking issues on the driver side with a MUCH older UPR x pipe. it appears they have updated it since but mine is also on the flat flange side. i can deal with driving the car needing paint and some other odds stuff needing attention but this is like my line in the sand

it also doesn't appear to leak at idle at all because while running and throwing it on the lift i couldn't pin point the leak

...anyone else have this issue? have you fixed it? or do i need to pull this damn thing off, trash it, and find some X pipe that doesn't leak. i had a BBK X pipe on my last GT that had no issues at all but i'm not the biggest fan of the clam shell X. thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread