Uproar Tour - Disturbed, a7x 9/22/10

Auto

Established Member
So last night I went to go see these two bands in concert and they were co headlining. I have always been a disturbed band since their first album and I had high hopes for them last night. My buddy is a huge a7x fan and I have heard some of their stuff. Come show time, a7x was amazing! They really put Disturbed to shame and I was kinda disappointed. David's vocals were pretty mediocre, when he got into his raspy, deep thing it sounded good but the singing was :( ... I can say that I am more of a a7x fan now. Their whole stage presence and performance was just awesome.:rockon:

Anyone have this experience where they are impressed by the "other" band? What bands have you seen live that kickass?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I have seen a7x live they were awesome!

I saw Five finger death punch at the house of blues in vegas and it is hands down the best show i have been to yet.

They played to the crowd so well and in a small venue like that it was extremely personal

I saw Rob zombie play and it was extremely good as well.

I saw red hot chillipeppers in the late 90's it was aweful i lost all repect for them when Anthony Ketis walked off the stage and left half way through it.

Last edited:

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I'm set to go on Oct. 3rd, can't wait for it. Then a few weeks later I'm going to Bullet for My Valentine, freakin sweet!:rockon:

-Eric

Jaysin

Established Member
I went to the Uproar show in atl on the 4th of sept. Gotta say that Hell Yeah put on the best show, it was amazing to see Vinnie Paul play. Not to mention I got to meet him, shook his hand and got an autograph from the whole band. Got the autographed poster under a sheet of glass on my cofee table, I mean, I actually got to meet my favorite drummer of all time! Awesome experience, and they really did put on a great show. A7x wasn't too bad either, and I thought Disturbed was really good. Better than when I caught them at the Mayhem Fest in 08.

As far as the best show I've ever been to, well. That brings me to Oct 4th, 2009, Philips Arena, Metallica!!! Absolutely amazing experence. They played damn near 2hrs and it was just awesome in every sense of the word. You could feel the electricity in the air when they came out. I can only hope to see them again. The whole show was great though, can't go wrong with Gojira, Lamb of God, and Metallica!

Other bands I've seen live include, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, 5fdp, God Forbid, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God twice, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, Dillinger Escape Plan, among others. Nothing will ever compare to Metallica for me though, hell of a night that was.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I saw Metallica and Godsmack together a few years back and I have to tell you Godsmack played twice the show that Metallica did that night. Both were good though.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
I went to the Uproar Tour when it was here in Chicago in August. All I can say is Avenged just blew everyone else outta the water. They were phenomenal, I felt bad that Disturbed had to follow them. I mean Disturbed is one of my favorite bands as well, and they put on a really good show, but they couldn't hold a candle to Avenged Sevenfold.

If anyone has a chance to hit up the tour while it is still going I highly recommend it. If you weren't an Avenged Sevenfold fan before the show, you will be after.

Paul

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I saw Metallica and Godsmack together a few years back and I have to tell you Godsmack played twice the show that Metallica did that night. Both were good though.

+1 i've seen Godsmack and Slipknot 5x's both awesome shows everytime. :rockon:

M3xpress

Established Member
They were in B'ham a couple weeks ago and I should have went. I really wanted to see what Avenged Sevenfold was like live, I just didn't want to sit through Disturbed and Stone Sour.

Glad to hear they are good live, gonna have to catch them sometime.

As far as the "other" band goes, I remember seeing Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying in concert, both were great, but I remember being surprised how good As I Lay Dying was and they weren't the headliner.

Another example would be when I saw Theory of A Deadman who weren't bad, but Framing Hanley came before them and I thought they were the best of the evening.

Last edited:

94_CobRa

Established Member
Rage against the machine @ Rock the Bells few years back in frisco hands down the best live band I have ever seen.

Auto

Established Member
I went to the Uproar Tour when it was here in Chicago in August. All I can say is Avenged just blew everyone else outta the water. They were phenomenal, I felt bad that Disturbed had to follow them. I mean Disturbed is one of my favorite bands as well, and they put on a really good show, but they couldn't hold a candle to Avenged Sevenfold.

If anyone has a chance to hit up the tour while it is still going I highly recommend it. If you weren't an Avenged Sevenfold fan before the show, you will be after.

Paul

This is true, unfortunately is was Disturbed's turn to play last at my event and it was sad. The whole place looked like they were asleep compared to Avenged. A7x played some songs off their new album and I'm gonna def have to get a copy of it. And someone mentioned Hellyea performing, they did a great job from what I could hear. For some reason they were on the second stage and not the main :nonono:

Jaysin

Established Member
Yea, Hell Yeah didnt play on the main stage. They kicked ass, Chad (lead singer) sounded great live, and was nice signing my autograph, thanked me for coming out, etc. Only reason I really wanted to go was to see Vinnie play since he's my favorite drummer and I'll unfortunately never get to see Pantera, so I had to make it to this show to see him. Meeting him and getting his autograph and shaking his hand was just awesome and surreal. Their new album "Stampede" is pretty damn good too, good ole metal/southern rock with some fun solos and Vinnies powerful drumming. Good to listen to when your drinkin :beer:

RedFord96

Established Member
I was at the Uproar tour Sept. 1st in Charlotte. Only showed up for A7X, Disturbed is pretty mediocre to me. I liked A7X before the show, but the show was really awesome. Definitely one of my favorites now.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread