Upshift light @1750rpm while stitting still

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
I noticed today while testing my new guage set-up (Nordskog digital boost, oil pressure and water temp) that while sitting out of gear, I get an upshift light at ~1750-1800rpm while the car is OUT OF GEAR.

What the hell is that all about? I also noticed it seemed to run a little rougher at the region. Get any higher the 1800rpm and no light and perfectly smooth running. WTF?:shrug: :??:

Also, what oil pressure readings are you guys getting when the engine is COLD? I get ~80psi at idle and 99psi when under hard acceleration. Of course it drops once the engine is warm. I just didn't think it would get that high when cold.

BTW, I've got a stock Predator pulley tune (not the R12 version but I do need to upgrade and get a tune from RWTD).

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
From what I've observed, the upshift light comes on any time you hit 1750 rpm at part throttle and you're not in 6th gear. It stays on for a few seconds and then goes out. I haven't tried it, but I think you could sit in your driveway, put it in any gear except 6th keeping the clutch depressed, and rev it to 1750 and get an upshift light.

My oil pressure goes up to about 100 psi when cold and maybe 2000 rpm. It will be around 75 or 80 idling when cold. Same as yours.

It drops down to around 20 idling when hot. It's usually in the 50 to 75 psi range driving around town at 1500 to 2000 rpm.

I don't know about running rough in that rpm range. Mine used to be pretty smooth all the time except the first minute or so after a cold winter start. In the last few days it has developed some roughness and the dreaded stall. I have to go do a search on that, now...

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Thanks. I thought I was seeing things with that upshift light. I bought a new fuel filter (it's due) and I'll be taking a look at the TR6's. I'll have to check it again and see if the running rough or it's my imagination.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread