URGENT, need help! Car won't shut down/ start

hades_1

Established Member
I need some help, I am at work and on my way back from lunch, I tried to turn the key off to shut the car down, but nothing happened. I could remove the key and nothing happened. So I decided to let it stall. But the electronics are still on (with the key not in the car anymore) and I can't crank the car on anymore either. I can turn the key on/off but nothing happens. The remote to lock/ unlock or open the trunk don't work anymore either.
I don't even have tools to unplug the battery.

What should I do???

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
If you could just find a wrench of some kind to undo the battery that would be fantastic. You could then reconnect it and push start it when you wanted to leave....

Seeing as how you don't have a way to do that it doesn't sound like you'll be able to remove the ignition cylinder either. You sure you can't wiggle the cable enough to remove it from the battery?

I'm not entirely sure on any quick fixes other than this, that sucks man.

hades_1

Established Member
If you could just find a wrench of some kind to undo the battery that would be fantastic. You could then reconnect it and push start it when you wanted to leave....

Seeing as how you don't have a way to do that it doesn't sound like you'll be able to remove the ignition cylinder either. You sure you can't wiggle the cable enough to remove it from the battery?

I'm not entirely sure on any quick fixes other than this, that sucks man.

I haven't tried since the electronics are still on (clock, radio, dash, etc...); not sure how I feel about touching the battery with bare hands :S
I have a spare key at home and I could get a friend to get it for me later tonight, but it doesn't sound like it's the issue, right?

Also, some additional info: there is no resistance when turning the key in either direction. Also the Anti-Theft light is not on or blinking.

Last edited:

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Your ignition cylinder is bad. You can touch the battery cables with bare hands. It will be fine.

hades_1

Established Member
Thanks but since I couldn't figure out what to do and I had no access to any tools (and I ain't no mechanic either (as you may have noticed :( ). I ended up calling a tow (thankfully covered by my insurance). The car is at the shop now, waiting for a call to know about the damage ;/

Users who are viewing this thread