**Urgent**New Mcleod 26 spline and mgw,car wont go into gear

rudycobra

Established Member
I just talked to lethal and they say I shouldn't have that prob with the rxt , only the street version but I still have . So just got one 1 nighted from them

da2k17

Established Member
i have the street but read a lot had the same issue with the rxt and a lot didnt so idn
got most of my info from here but there are a lot of other threads on it too
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...utch-install-how-do-right-real-info-pics.html

ill be taking mine out tomorrow for i think the 6th time to get it right. take your time do a lot of research and hopefully you wont have to do it as much but as posted above there appears to be no magic answer, they all seem a little different.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
stock one is not adjustable. thats about how mine is now, touching with little pressure and the clutch engages very high. from what ive read it should be 1/8 inch away from touching or very very loosely touching.
You won't be able to do that with the stock quadrant. When you pull up on the pedal, springs on the quadrant will adjust the TOB to a set preload against the pressure plate. You might not even be able to adjust where the engagement is (on the pedal) unless you change the length of the pivot. That's one reason so many ditch the stock quadrant and go to an aftermarket setup. Also note where your clutch arm is relative to the opening on the side of the bellhousing. Ideally, with the TOB against the pressure plate, the cltch arm should be between the middle of the opening and the back of the opening. If it is too far forward, then you might hit the front of the opening before the clutch is fully disengaged. If the cable is stretched, it will just complicate things.

Hope you get it worked out. GL

EVO ETR03

Topless
Established Member
ok i just did the RXT clutch. Did you make sure all of the bolts on the pressure plate are torqued down nice and tight? Use a hand wrench and tighten them down.

Users who are viewing this thread