!!! URGENT NOTICE !!! BEWARE !!!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
For those of you who have seen 03 Cobra motors being sold on ebay recently with the seller listing as being in Florida. ITS A FRAUD!!! Look at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2973315558

This is a FRAUD!!! I recognized this car and have the work place number of the guy that owned this car. This is the same guy that recently and legitimately auctioned off his Kenne Bell. I called and spoke with one of his employees this afternoon.

The real owner of the car's email is: [email protected]

The person that hacked the owner's ebay account and is trying to get everyone to wire him money is using the following email address: [email protected]

THESE ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE. THERE IS NO COBRA MOTOR FOR SALE THAT CHEAP!!! Apparently it is too late and some people have already wired money to this scam artist after they were not the high bidder and received emails offering to sell the motor to them for the price they bid.

Moral of the story: BUYER BEWARE!!! Protect yourself by taking a few common sense steps.

Get THEIR phone number and speak to them by phone first. Find out who they are, where they work and their number there, and where the live and their number and address there. If its a motor, ask for the numbers off of the motor. Never send big bucks to someone you haven't first confirmed is legit. A legitimate seller will have no problem proving himself and will understand your concerns.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Wow, good work Mr. Gumshoe! :rockon: :rockon:

All the more reason to buy from those you know and trust, like many of the folks here! :thumbsup:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
These are the two emails I got today:

Reply-To : "Racerelated" <[email protected]>
Sent : Thursday, December 18, 2003 2:19 PM
To : [email protected]
Subject : Re: Question from eBay Member

| | Inbox

I will give a non payng feedback to my auction winner , i will sell them to you .
Please go to https://www.payingez.com and register , deposit the total amount and when the cash is available please contact me .

Please go to https://www.payingez.com and register , deposit the total amount and when the cash is available Please transfer payment to my account : [email protected]

:mj: :nonono: :mj: :nonono: :mj:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I sent this message to the guy listed as the winning buyer of the motor:

"I sure hope you didn't send money for the motor. THE ADD IS A FRUAD!!! BEWARE!!!"

He responded:

"I hope not. I sent all the money on this one... Please tell me where you get your information....I appreciate the email.

Getyp"

I have directed him to read this link. I sure pray that I'm wrong on this one for this guys sake. But I highly doubt it.

See...this is why it pays to be a member of SVTP!!!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
Dammit my cat accidentally pushed the mouse button and sent him a Virus! Hope he checks his e-mail.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFL!!! I like your pussy! I sure hope it was a good virus!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Time to get Ebay to submit the IP(s) to the Authorities. Then again, the punk's probably in Nigeria somewhere.:nonono:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I just got another email from the scamer asking me to wire him the money for the motor! I didn't let on that I know he's a phoney. Maybe we can figure out how to get this guy busted.

Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread