USAA's Car Buying Service

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Hey guys just thought I'd pass this along as it might save people some money. I used it and checked prices on the 2011 GT and it looked like about an average saving of $3500. Its for USAA members but if you're not a member you can join just to use this service. For the 2011 GT pricing starts at $27,335. I know of a couple people who have used this and had no problems. It's making these cars even more tempting...

USAA Autos | Car Buying Home Page

whoareyou

Established Member
It ends up being very comparable to X plan pricing if you have no way of getting that. I bought a 2011 Mustang GT last month and was eligible for both, went with X plan because it was a couple hundred dollars cheaper mostly because of the "capped" doc fee.

11dsgGT

Established Member
I used USAA for my purchase and it literally took 30 min from start to finish. I think there was a 1k deposit for the order but that was all. They didnt deliver the car on the scheduled date and was compensated in the amount of 1500 because of the late delivery/inconvience. I wouldnt hesitate to use them again, over a plan or dealership, just for the fact that they primarily support the military.
:rockon:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
a base model GT, manual, with no upgrades is $27,335. I added the 3.73s, brembo brake package, and auto trans and the total came to something like $30,045 with the msrp being around $33,600

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I used this also to buy my 2011. I love USAA, I have nearly all of my stuff with them.

how did it work as far as getting the exact car you built on their site? They find the closest dealer with that car and ship it?

whoareyou

Established Member
how did it work as far as getting the exact car you built on their site? They find the closest dealer with that car and ship it?

No they put you in contact with the 3 dealers nearest you and you take a certificate in that you print off USAA's site with your "guaranteed" price. If they have the exact car you want, you get it for that price. If they don't, they find one nearby or order it for you. All USAA does is guarantees you a price, which like I stated is basically X plan.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
No they put you in contact with the 3 dealers nearest you and you take a certificate in that you print off USAA's site with your "guaranteed" price. If they have the exact car you want, you get it for that price. If they don't, they find one nearby or order it for you. All USAA does is guarantees you a price, which like I stated is basically X plan.

ok, that makes sense. I wonder if it'd do any good to try and haggle them down and try and get a better price? Then if they cant get close whip out your certificate and just be like well I guess I'll use this then.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
ok, that makes sense. I wonder if it'd do any good to try and haggle them down and try and get a better price? Then if they cant get close whip out your certificate and just be like well I guess I'll use this then.

Hang in there man, the right GT500 will be out there. Winter and the holidays is coming fast, so you should be able to find the car you want. What are your particulars and I will keep my eyes out for ya.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Hang in there man, the right GT500 will be out there. Winter and the holidays is coming fast, so you should be able to find the car you want. What are your particulars and I will keep my eyes out for ya.

Yah I'm going to wait it out. I'm already seeing some good deals pop up here and there. Here are my specefics...

08 or 09
Black (stripe delete or alloy stripes)
less than 20k miles, prefer less than 15k.
on the eastern half of the United States
Less than $35k

whoareyou

Established Member
Yah I'm going to wait it out. I'm already seeing some good deals pop up here and there. Here are my specefics...

08 or 09
Black (stripe delete or alloy stripes)
less than 20k miles, prefer less than 15k.
on the eastern half of the United States
Less than $35k

Here are some that are close:

Cars for Sale: 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Coupe in Clinton Township, MI 48035: Coupe Details - 282808005 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Coupe in Clinton Township, MI 48035: Coupe Details - 275686601 - AutoTrader.com

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member

yah, there are alot out there. Just looking for a good deal. Those are priced a little high compared to what i've been able to find in other colors. I acutally just missed out on a black 08 with 970 miles for $34,500 :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread