Usain Bolt

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Anybody else just watch the 100m finals?? This guy is UNREAL. He ran a 9.69 and STOPPED trying with 15m left. I cannot even fathom what he would do if he pushed it the whole 100. Absolutely insane. I'm actually drinking a Red Stripe as I watched this, so I feel like I am somewhat responsible. lol.

ps, how about Walter Dix getting bronze. Go Noles!!

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I knew he was going to win. He did the same in the prelims. He just ripped out in front of everyone and then kind of starting jogging and looking around.

That's pretty amazing.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Def. I watched the qualifiers as well and you could just tell.

I think I heard them say that he is supposedly the best at the 200m, so I cannot even imagine what we'll see there.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Def. I watched the qualifiers as well and you could just tell.

I think I heard them say that he is supposedly the best at the 200m, so I cannot even imagine what we'll see there.
Yeah. He should be fast there as well. They said he was running upwards of 30 MPH!!! :eek:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I wonder how fast he would be if he had all the technology and big $$$$ training that some other athletes get?

Did you see where he trained? and those old crusty weights?

canibus

Established Member
I wonder how fast he would be if he had all the technology and big $$$$ training that some other athletes get?

i'd take that any day over over-hyped fitness centers. he's raw and comes from nothing. makes you want it that much more

wag03gt

Established Member
it was purely amazing to see..He's only been running and training in the 100 for one year !!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member

Seriously. It looked like someone's living room. Just absolutely raw talent.

Mika

Established Member
I can't believe he slacked off the last 10-15 meters and still broke the world record. Me and my buddy were thinking that he would have hit a solid 9.5X if he didn't drop his pace. He thumped his chest and was flailing his arms a good 10 meters before the finish. Wow....

Mika

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
That dude is nuts. He's so tall, I bet his strides are a good 5 yards long once he gets going full speed. I can't wait to see him run the 200, I bet he'll make it look so damn easy. Couldn't believe he ran a 9.92 in the prelims after jogging half the race, the shorter guy next to him was still going balls out and couldn't catch up!

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
I can't believe he slacked off the last 10-15 meters and still broke the world record. Me and my buddy were thinking that he would have hit a solid 9.5X if he didn't drop his pace. He thumped his chest and was flailing his arms a good 10 meters before the finish. Wow....

Mika

If you watch the video, he lets off and then takes about 6-7 strides before the finish. He took 41.5 strides to go the 100 meters so about 2.4 meters per stride. That means he let off with almost 20 meters to go. They say his strides could be 2.7 meters if he never let off. Who knows what he could do.

Users who are viewing this thread