Used 03 Cobra

Cobb

Established Member
I am looking to buy a used 03 Cobra. My local dealer has one with 35,000 miles on it, the build date is 8/02. I have heard that that is not a good date. The car is in great shape, not a scratch or a stain. I am going to test drive it today, what are some things to check out while driving, what to listen for, ect.? They are asking $26,700.

Thanks
Jake

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobb
I am looking to buy a used 03 Cobra. My local dealer has one with 35,000 miles on it, the build date is 8/02. I have heard that that is not a good date. The car is in great shape, not a scratch or a stain. I am going to test drive it today, what are some things to check out while driving, what to listen for, ect.? They are asking $26,700.

Thanks
Jake

Surely you meant 3,500 miles........

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
wouldnt pay 26000 for a car with 35k on it man u can find cars with 10k on them for that price....

Cobb

Established Member
No its got 35,000 miles and they are ASKING $26,700. Thats not what I would pay, thats just what they are asking. I got them down to $25,500 just b/s ing with them.

RB88

Established Member
Cobb, they have a Sonic & a Redfire with 8K & 4K respectively. They will sell for 27k, maybe less. The dealer is in Bham... Hope this helps.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Look signs of abuse, like rubber shavings under the rear of the car. Check to see if it's been pullied, and if it has the original air cleaner assembly. Listen for the tick. Listen for throw out bearing noise. Remove the dipstick and look at the condition of the oil.

35k miles is a lot of use. Honestly, I'd consider other alternatives first.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Thats a HELL of a lot of miles for a car that new. Find another one.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
Cars built before 11/02 are more proned to the tick as well. Drive it under an overpass or beside a concrete wall and listen to see if you hear any ticking sounds from the driver's side head, unless they replaced it already.

I would look elsewhere, that is a lot of miles. I wouldn't pay more than 22k for that car, it has the miles of a three year old car! Plenty of cars with under 10k on them for $26-27k out there, just keep looking.

rb185afm

Established Member
Man I paid $28,000 for mine with 430 miles on it from a dealer. I would find a lower mile car.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
That price is steep for a car with that much mileage. And damn, 35k?? That must've been some commute he did. I have a car that was built in 9/02. No tick problem yet and im at 18k. *knock on wood*

Users who are viewing this thread