Used OEM Fuel Level Sender

evolve

Established Member
Had it on my car for 31k miles. Works fine. Long story short, I thought it stopped working but it was my ground that caused bad fuel level. Fixed the ground and used a new unit. Selling this one. Asking $65 shipped plus 3% for paypal.
20160526_174907_zpsjcovrpim.gif

20160526_174734_zpshqbrjcre.gif

Sent from Planet 9

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Good deal! Hey OP question did you fix the ground by using a different mounting bolt? How did you fix it my ground has issues and I wanna drop the tank to fix it.

evolve

Established Member
Good deal! Hey OP question did you fix the ground by using a different mounting bolt? How did you fix it my ground has issues and I wanna drop the tank to fix it.
I tapped the fuel hat. Worked like a charm.

Sent from Planet 9

evolve

Established Member
Sure. I used a small drill bit to drill a small hole, where I wanted the ground, and a self tapping screw (kinda overkill) and used that with the ground wire. I wanted a good connection because the way I had it was very poor.

Sent from Planet 9

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Sure. I used a small drill bit to drill a small hole, where I wanted the ground, and a self tapping screw (kinda overkill) and used that with the ground wire. I wanted a good connection because the way I had it was very poor.

Sent from Planet 9

Cool that helps me understand, yeah the factory bolt and mounting spot causes the sender to not work for lots of guys that remove the sender and put back again or for guys like me that put a 04 Cobra tank and hat in my 99

Users who are viewing this thread