Used Shelby question...

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
Found a used 2014 Shelby over the weekend, low miles, and sitting at a dealership.
Current dealer tells me they picked it up directly from a invitation only Ford auction, and that the car was originally repurchased from another dealership by the manufacturer (Ford) in 2015 as-new. Ford kept the car for almost a year before sending it to the auction.

No other history, no documentation stating why the car was purchased from the original dealer by Ford.

Clean Carfax, and like I said ultra low miles.

Not sure what to think on this one.

Any thoughts or info appreciated.

Papaw

Established Member
When a car has enough mechanical problems under warranty that it qualifies under the lemon law doesn't the manufacturer essentially "buy it back" from the dealership?
Not saying that happened but I'd want to know just why the car went back and forth.
Would the carfax even show that kind of info?

zsommer79

Established Member
If the price is right I say buy it. Should still have a year or more of powertrain warranty right?

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
When a car has enough mechanical problems under warranty that it qualifies under the lemon law doesn't the manufacturer essentially "buy it back" from the dealership?
Not saying that happened but I'd want to know just why the car went back and forth.
Would the carfax even show that kind of info?

I wondered the same thing, but this car has less than 150 miles on it. Not sure how an owner could determine it was a lemon in that amount of time.

Carfax shows the only owner as Ford Motor Company.

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
If the price is right I say buy it. Should still have a year or more of powertrain warranty right?

Price IMO is definitely not right.

Mid 60's.

I know this a Shelby section but 2014 Shelby and 60k+ are simply not in the same reality according to the market.

Not trying to offend anyone, just giving my opinion on what I've seen out there.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Lemon Laws vary by state, but here are the basics. IF the vehicle is purchased back as a lemon, it has to be disclosed. SO, if Ford sees a problem going in the direction of a lemon law outcome, they often make an offer to trade out the vehicle somehow. By doing this, they avoid the lemon law being enforced and then it becomes a Ford resale vehicle and they are not required to disclose any issues.

I would run OASIS and want to speak to people that have first-hand info on this cars history. I would really try to speak to the original 150 mile owner. Due your due diligence.

Tom

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
With a story like that, there should be a paper trail.
What kind of warranty is the dealership willing to give you on it ?

Drewsky65

Established Member
Not enough miles on the car to determine if it's a lemon IMO. 150 miles isn't even a tank of gas.. It is kinda strange ford kept it a year without listing it for sale however.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
As stated already, any Ford dealer can run the OASIS report with a VIN.
$55k? Depending on condition/options, but no new GT500s left, this might be as close as possible.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread