Used Steggy, Whats it worth??

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
I have a chance to buy an older Stage 2 Steggy ported eaton. The owner who's a member of our local club says that he towed his car too MO and Steggy spent two days porting and tuning the car end result with 2.76 pulley/idler SCT,CAI midpipe and CB was 520 RWHP.

The blower has approx 4500 miles on it and I would guess that in order to reach the stage4 that I could send in the Pl&TB for porting.

Blower was ported in Sep 2004. What would this be worth????

Thanks

707RIDAH

Established Member
JoyRydn 03 said:
I have a chance to buy an older Stage 2 Steggy ported eaton. The owner who's a member of our local club says that he towed his car too MO and Steggy spent two days porting and tuning the car end result with 2.76 pulley/idler SCT,CAI midpipe and CB was 520 RWHP.

The blower has approx 4500 miles on it and I would guess that in order to reach the stage4 that I could send in the Pl&TB for porting.

Thanks

I call B.S. on 520rwhp with a stage 2 steggy port. I think it is worth at the most 400.00

03SVTREDFIRE

Established Member
i bought my stg 3 used for 600 shipped 6 months ago. he made 530/530 with upper/lower and all the supporting mods... i made 505/474 on upper only o/r x,c/b,cai and cooling mods and a tune so 520 is feasable but he prob had a lower setup too... or maybe his car is a freak? but i could see paying in the ballpark of $400

mrpositraction

Sssssssslayer
Established Member
grendel said:
why by a used one for more than you can get one ported for?

One reason would be for no down time, the blower swap literaly takes less than an hour. But I would still want my own blower ported. I am lucky and live close to Stiegemeir and was able to drop it off and pick it up the same day. The noise difference when done is pretty amazing. At idle, the old blower used to rattle a little. Now w/ the stieg IV, the blower idles w/ no rattle and has a slight whistle to it. I am running 2.8upper/2#lower for reference.

520 seems high, but definetly doable.

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
JoyRydn 03 said:

Thanks

I thought 520RWHP was high myself, but hhe swears thats what it is. So I called down to the shop and spoke with rayleen and she says there have been terminators after the port that put down 540 RWHP!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I'd said "No shit" she replied "No Shit"

I don't know! I do know I want a ported blower!!

Users who are viewing this thread