Used VMP Kit?

MattR

Established Member
So my father in law is on his third new Shelby and now after the news of the 2013 he has placed an order for number 4.

Anyhow I have a 2011, same car as his and he will be taking his VMP package off and has offered it to me for 50% of new. Is there any problem with doing this? I am always worried about things like this, what would Justin charge to do a data log to make sure all is well? My car does have an Air Raid and Axle back delete.

I had been planning a VMP TVS, but this is a great deal and I assume I could still use the tuner if and when I need the TVS?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It might work, if you have the same PCM code that he was. If not, you're going to need a tune specific to your PCM. But Justin can do a mail order tune that can be downloaded to the programmer. You will need a tune with that setup. Neither of your mods should have any impact on the tune.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
So my father in law is on his third new Shelby and now after the news of the 2013 he has placed an order for number 4.

Anyhow I have a 2011, same car as his and he will be taking his VMP package off and has offered it to me for 50% of new. Is there any problem with doing this? I am always worried about things like this, what would Justin charge to do a data log to make sure all is well? My car does have an Air Raid and Axle back delete.

I had been planning a VMP TVS, but this is a great deal and I assume I could still use the tuner if and when I need the TVS?

Describe "VMP Package"; pulley/tune? TVS?

Either way, it will fit. As for the tuner, depending on which one you have, it may need to be reset as the newer ones have tunes locked to a particular device. Here's primer from SCT

http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/LoadingCustomTunes.pdf

Yes, we can look at a datalog and make sure that all parameters are set where we want them. Please contact Justin or me directly to complete details, datalog config, etc.

By the way, you CAN bring your 2011 up to 2013 power levels....at the TIRES, not the crank....for less than $4,000. A ton cheaper than trading cars! :banana:

bj

[email protected]

MattR

Established Member
Describe "VMP Package"; pulley/tune? TVS?

Either way, it will fit. As for the tuner, depending on which one you have, it may need to be reset as the newer ones have tunes locked to a particular device. Here's primer from SCT

http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/LoadingCustomTunes.pdf

Yes, we can look at a datalog and make sure that all parameters are set where we want them. Please contact Justin or me directly to complete details, datalog config, etc.

By the way, you CAN bring your 2011 up to 2013 power levels....at the TIRES, not the crank....for less than $4,000. A ton cheaper than trading cars! :banana:

bj

[email protected]

Sorry its the pulley, idler, puller and SCT he just got it this fall.

I want the car to be as safe as possible, sounds like 650RWHP is my comfort level to make it last a long time. Its going to be a couple year before I can pony up for a KB or TVS

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Sorry its the pulley, idler, puller and SCT he just got it this fall.

I want the car to be as safe as possible, sounds like 650RWHP is my comfort level to make it last a long time. Its going to be a couple year before I can pony up for a KB or TVS

Yes, it will work and yes we can take a look at the datalog. That said, you mentioned 650 RWHP. Just to manage expectations, here's a '12 with the same thing and a dyno pull so you can see what '11-'12 cars do stock and the results with the same gear

[ame=http://www.vmptuning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63729]James 2012 GT500 with VMP Tune & Stock Look 2.59 pulley 540RWHP/530RWTQ - VMP Tuning Message Board[/ame]

If you have any questions, please contact me directly as it is the quickest way to "tap my helmet".

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread