Using a used SCT PRP???

nik46notch

Established Member
I just purchased a Sct PRP from a member here. I was wondering what i need to do to get this software working on my PC. We both have the same ECU code, but ive read that i may have to buy a license? or a dongle? If the software(dongle) is already keyed to an AMZ2, which i have, is it as easy as installing the software and tuning, or will I have to contact SCT? thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
You need the dongle. Without it you can't do anything with the PRP. He should have included it in the sale.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would think you can just download the software and go. But there might be some licensing issues since the dongle is under the other guys name.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
It should work. The Dongles are not LOCKED to any one PC, and If the Dongle has the PCM code you need. You should be ready to rock and Roll.

Install Advantage from the Disk, Install the ford files, Do an update..and your ready to rock and roll (or tune).

Also Dont forget to get the new Live Link Gen 2.

Chris

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
It has to be mated to your car- as in you have to add your serial number to the dongle- which you have to do through SCT, and it's 175 bux I think

Users who are viewing this thread