Using Line X for something other than a truck bed?

firebird1999us

Established Member
I've got an aluminum railed guitar pedal board that I was planning having powder coated textured/crinkle/wrinkle red... although I wasn't finding the bright red color I was after. This is the board I've got. It's about 24x12.5:

http://pedaltrain.com/products/pedalboards/pedaltrain_2.php

Happened to walk past a truck with Line X and thought "that's more or less what I want"... found out through some research that they offer color matching and can get essentially the bright red I'm after:

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3568/im000634small1pr.jpg

I've read that this stuff can have some UV issues... although the board would mainly be sitting inside. I'm going to call into a dealer later and maybe stop by and see some of their work.

I would essentially be putting industrial velcro onto part of the railing to hold the pedals on and then there's another platform that attaches for a wah pedal.

It's obviously durable enough for a truck bed... good idea for a pedal board?

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
There was a post about using Line X about two weeks ago. It was mentioned that using the UV protector over the Line X kept it from fading for quite some time.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Remember, Line-X is put on at least 1/4" thick for durability, so if you plan on putting stuff in those rail channels, it might not fit.

I'd go with a powdercoater. They can do any color you want. If they can't give you a bright red crinkle coat, go somewhere else. Go on a honda forum and find a guy that does their JDM valve covers :)

coposrv

Established Member
I have seen a lot of trucks with Herculiner used on the exterior body panels. No one runs it 1/4" thick.

Users who are viewing this thread