USMC injury need quick response

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
So earlier today my friends and I were playing football for our yearly thanksgiving game and a friend of mine that is in the Marines had a ten day leave so he was able to come.

As we were playing he jumped and as he fell down he landed on his wrist and broke it pretty badly. Another friend of mine took him to the hospital to get xrays and i havnt heard back since. My friend that broke his wrist(Marine) was scheduled to leave for Japan after his time off.

My question is this, what will happen to him? will he not deploy to Japan with his unit? will he get discharged for this? (He is a squad leader and was supposed to get promoted to Cpl in the next few weeks) he has been in the Marines for a little over a year or something like that.

Footnotes: Friend in Marines broke his wrist while on leave(10 days) before going to Japan. what could happen to him in the following weeks?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
*do not take this as gospel, this is what I believe will most likely happen based on my 4.5yrs experience*

He will get fixed up by his doc while on leave, return to his unit, check in with the navy doc there. They *might* redo the cast or something, but not likely. Whether he still goes to Japan or not is entirely dependent on why he was going. If it is a PCS, then yes he'll probably still go. If it was a deployment with a MEU or something then he probably wont go. I dont see him getting in any sort of trouble, it was an honest mistake and his leadership should see that.

I had a friend get drunk(underage) and jump off a building and break both legs. He didnt get any punishment, they fixed him up and even let him re-enlist since he could still do his fitness tests and normal duties.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
*do not take this as gospel, this is what I believe will most likely happen based on my 4.5yrs experience*

He will get fixed up by his doc while on leave, return to his unit, check in with the navy doc there. They *might* redo the cast or something, but not likely. Whether he still goes to Japan or not is entirely dependent on why he was going. If it is a PCS, then yes he'll probably still go. If it was a deployment with a MEU or something then he probably wont go. I dont see him getting in any sort of trouble, it was an honest mistake and his leadership should see that.

I had a friend get drunk(underage) and jump off a building and break both legs. He didnt get any punishment, they fixed him up and even let him re-enlist since he could still do his fitness tests and normal duties.

yeah I don't think he's changing duty stations just going there for training.
but thats good to hear that he will have a chance to be okay with this ordeal.

Thanks for your answers

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
PCS orders state that you must be able to physically complete the job/ meet minimum physical standards. I have never really seen it stop a PCS though. TDY (TAD) will be up to the unit CDR. He could be placed in a position where he does not need both hands. I had C-4/C-5 surgery during a tour in Iraq, 4 weeks later I convinced the docs I could go back. A JOC SGM does not kick in doors or shoot BMFs in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If it's a 6 month UDP it will be up to his command but he'd probably still go- if it's PCS I'd say it won't affect him at all. I've seen many service members deploy both to Japan and to the desert with casts etc. (If he requires surgery this changes everything)

bwd0311

Established Member
not a big deal. wouldnt worry about it. and its all unit/job depending you said hes a sqd leader well in the infantry if thats what he is you cant do much with a broke arm but i wouldnt worry worst case he stays back no big deal wont effect hes promotion ect.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
not a big deal. wouldnt worry about it. and its all unit/job depending you said hes a sqd leader well in the infantry if thats what he is you cant do much with a broke arm but i wouldnt worry worst case he stays back no big deal wont effect hes promotion ect.

Whats up man how you been?

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Prob end up getting fapped out to the armory, company clerk or worse off in the chowhall..
Too bad, i would have hated to be a company bitch while on UDP. Sucks even more because he's a non NCO.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Con leave and deferment of orders. This happens a lot. There are many possibilities, but hell more than likely get a profile and still go to wherever hes going. Only a J3 profile (Army- dunno bout Marines) prevents a deployment.

Users who are viewing this thread