usps sucks...

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
I just needed to rant about USPS. They lost my dodger tickets!! :fm: :fm: Im so pissed right now, thats the 2nd shipment theyve lost for me. Never again am I using them, pay a little extra for Ups or Fedex...anyways, anyone have any clue as to what I can do, if I can somehow get my money back, or something?... :shrug:

Niko_Fx

K51 Z33
Established Member
Unlike UPS the USPS doesn't provide tracking numbers and does pretty much suck... They move too much mail around, stuff gets lost or sent to the wrong address occasionally

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
or stuff gets ripped to shreds and you get a magazine cover in a plastic bag.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
they do offer tracking, it's called delivery confirmation for like $.50...they've always beat UPS of Fedex by at least $20, I will never use the others again, unless it's a dire necessity...sorry for your luck, but did you ever think someone opened the package and took them? I know it sucks, but it's happened to me...

Niko_Fx

K51 Z33
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
they do offer tracking, it's called delivery confirmation for like $.50...they've always beat UPS of Fedex by at least $20, I will never use the others again, unless it's a dire necessity...sorry for your luck, but did you ever think someone opened the package and took them? I know it sucks, but it's happened to me...

They do offer better prices, but UPS or Fedex is way better... Delivery confirmation is something that the person that receives the package signs letting the sender know that it was received. Tracking numbers let you know where exactly the package is at any given moment.

Beating UPS or Fedex by $20 is pretty hard considering that almost every box is overweight for the USPS and where they do compete is at low prices (Envelopes and Small boxes)

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
USPS sucks and I stay away from them as much as possible. When I can send something through FedEx ground and get a tracking number, and know it will be there in less than 5 days for $5 I send it that way. My wife sent out baby shower invitations a couple of years ago. LOCAL ones showed up a month later :nonono: We mailed a package to a friend in Iraq that cost us $85 to mail. Showed up on our door step a month later torn to pieces, left in the rain, and you could see a trail of stuff that had fallen out of the box all the way up the driveway from when they carried it to the front door. USPS can go screw themselves with their continuous rate hikes and piss poor service :fm:

Rochard

Established Member
Oh, I can beat that!

My had tickets to see Dave Matthews Band last August. The seats were okay, but as a tradiation we tend to go all out and get really good tickets. A week prior my wife buys - check this out - front row tickets on EBAY. They are overnighted via USPS, and somehow ended up in Livermore, California, at our old address. The concert was on a Saturday, and Saturday in our mailbox we get a notice saying the Post Office has our package and we can pick it up on Monday.

Turns out we ran into some friends who had two extra tickets up front almost front row, and we ended up giving our tickets away to someone who had general seating up in the lawn.....

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
definitely, I believe you guys. My game isn't until the 21st, but I don't know if I can just wait and see. The guy says sometimes stuff has shown up after 7-10 days...we'll see..

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
heh I just started working at UPS here in Staten Island. Its actually my third day. Someone had a shipment of "sport springs and suspension" for a Honda Civic, I laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread