V-6 Gas Mileage

S2-Raw

Established Member
I've tried searching but this crappy ass filter won't search "V-6" or "gas"

I'm looking to buy a 2001-2004 Mustang V-6 as a Daily Driver beeing that California Gas prices are killing me in the Cobra.

Just looking to get an idea on what kind of "Real World" gas mileage you V-6 Guys are getting. I know that Ford advertizes them at 25 mpg Highway but I do absolutly NOTHING other than City Driving here in San Francisco. So if you can chime in and let me know what kind of city mileage you get that would be ideal.

Also, please let me know if you drive a manual or an automatic.

Example: This is what I get in my Cobra

1999 Musatng Cobra (Manual - 445 whp/367ft/tq)
63,000 miles
11 city/18 Hwy
200 miles to the full Tank.

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
25 mpg highway sounds sort of low. I can get that easily with my Cobra. No idea what a sixxer would run city but I can get 15-17 most of the time so you should be better than that I would think.

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
Lol, I figured you were modded in some way. But I'm just stating what my 5.0 gets stock, so a sixxer should do better than that.

zeus201

Established Member
My 2001 V6 gets 24 mpg and that's all on interstate and I also get about 15-19 mpg in town. I used to get 27-29 when I first had it, but it's dropped off quite a bit and I can't figure out why? Hope this helps, but the worse part about driving the V6 is that I'm driving a V6 mustang, but it helps me save money.

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
man i already got 26.5mpg out of mine on the interstate and thats with the mods I have. I average around town 18-20, about 15-17 getting in it, which is good to me :)

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Damn i barely get 15 mpg and sometimes 18-19 freeway in the mach.

Is anyone getting better mileage than me? Or does that sound right

S2-Raw

Established Member
Don't feel bad.

I get 11 city and 14 hwy in my Cobra. Not only that, 91 octaine cost $4.01 here at the San Francisco airport where I live.

All of you should feel VERY lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread