V.A. transferring records etc.

Planter

Banned
Moving to Denver in mid May. Was in the Army in 2002. but got medicaled for a shattered foot.

Just curious what I need to do to get the ball rolling on getting any paperwork/procedures that need to be done in advance?

I'd like to hit the ground running when I get out there, so is there anything I can or need to do BEFORE I actually move?

or is it just one of those things where, you have to wait till you have an actual address and play the hurry up and wait game?

I'm also in V.A. Voc Rehab, and my counselor said the Denver V.A. Voc Rehab office can help with job placement, and putting veterans in contact with other veterans who need roommates, or car pooling, etc.

So what do I need to do to get my records out there early? Or again, is that just a, move first, then hurry up and wait?

I like to be proactive and not "reactive" and take the bull by the horns and have my ducks in a row.

I'm probably hoping for too much since it is the government, but never hurts to ask.

thanks. :beer:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Seems like you can always call and get things started before you get there. If your in IDES it shouldn't be a problem. Everything is electronic so shouldn't really be an issue and no address needed.

Planter

Banned
Seems like you can always call and get things started before you get there. If your in IDES it shouldn't be a problem. Everything is electronic so shouldn't really be an issue and no address needed.

IDES? damn it's been 10 years since I was in, English please. lol...

Users who are viewing this thread