V2 SQ E-trim(part#4FR218 070 SQ)

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
I posted this on the Blower bistro, but didnt get what I need......
looking for pics of this setup installed in polished and satin, just to see what it looks like, after searching the internet for days, Vortech and all the distributors all seem to have the same crappy stock photos, or an exploded parts pic that may or may not be what Im buying......cant seem to find out whether the tube to the throttle body is metal, polished or satin or painted black or if its just plastic for that matter........So Im hoping to see an actual install of a standard e-trim in a NE Cobra so I can decide.......(and I know many will just say "Whipple it" but I am not doing the internals and just looking for a low boost to get 400 to the ground, safely and in budget).....plus if you post a pic, give me the pros and cons of your personal experience with this setup, but please if you havent had this setup dont tell me a bunch of "my friends uncle had this and it sucked" stories......:burnout:

Thanks, Trip

01yellercobra

Established Member
A lot of us won't say Whipple it. You'd have to do an Eaton swap before you can put the Whipple on. I didn't know Vortech made an E trim. Is it smaller then the S trim?

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
not smaller but, e-trim is specific to the 99-01 Cobra I think.........
e-trim has to tap your oil pan for lube, and is slightly more effiecient according to the site, both have approx same flow, rpm, and psi capablity...

from the Vortech website:

"Tuner kits are available to boost your 1999 or 2001 Mustang Cobra up to 725HP (SCi-Trim) or 775HP (E-Trim) depending on your modifications and custom tuning"

those numbers are with cooler, built engine, etc......but Kurgan seems sure that 8psi is safe w/ no cooler or internals, to get me 400+ to the pavement, and I already have 42lb injectors and upgraded pump.....just really would like to see what parts are metal/plastic and decide whether to spend a bit extra on the polished...........

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
thanks Bob......the best pic I can find for this is here:

JEGS High Performance - 933-4FR218-038SQ

is this what a standard polished setup looks like?, and for the satin, are all those same tubes and elbows just satin metal instead of polished? because I saw another pic that looked like the tube and elbow were either a painted black metal or maybe black plastic...which didnt look great....(but it was just some random exploded parts pic)

just trying to figure out if I should go polished or not......I want it to look as good as it works:burnout:

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
When i was at fastlane, caleb talked about that series of blower and that they were really efficient and made great power and said the majority of the time the e series would make more power and outperform the s trim

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
Ive had nothing but good feedback from my research on the E-trim......and Im sure I have a good deal and some of the best to do the work......I just want to SEE it...
some of the pics online are very contradictory to others....

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
In all honesty, i would just buy the head unit and fab your own piping. The piping kits for all sc kits are just generic should fit all cars relatively well type systems. Im going to start replacing pipes on my procharger kit to clean it up and make it look better. Do you have plans to make more than 400 hp in the future?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
In all honesty, i would just buy the head unit and fab your own piping. The piping kits for all sc kits are just generic should fit all cars relatively well type systems. Im going to start replacing pipes on my procharger kit to clean it up and make it look better. Do you have plans to make more than 400 hp in the future?
That's the same advice I gave him in the Blower Bistro section but it didn't seem to take effect? Why pay Vortech many Thousands of dollars for a kit with a crappy BPV, restictive plastic piping etc.. and these blowers perform better when air to air intercooled..

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
That's the same advice I gave him in the Blower Bistro section but it didn't seem to take effect? Why pay Vortech many Thousands of dollars for a kit with a crappy BPV, restictive plastic piping etc.. and these blowers perform better when air to air intercooled..

If i didnt get my entire kit used for an absolute steal i would have made my own piping. Im not happy with my piping as it is much less if i paid full price for it.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
BM & AS, I appreciate the advise, but I am not going to be doing the install myself.....I've never done any FI application and want to make sure its done by pros and tuned accordingly, so that takes any home fab shop out of the picture......and I am sure I'll want more HP,(you always want more) but doubt I will push this motor more than 8psi and this is just going to be a fun street car(its a vert) so I wont be going to the track much, but I may autocross a bit this spring.......and thanks for the vid, but the Mach 1 is still different than a Cobra setup....I cant believe that its so hard to find/verify 1 pic of this install with factory piping....

Brutal Metal

Established Member
BUT even if you don't wanna go past 8psi a 3" FMIC will help ward off detonation with a cooler air charge... If you don't wanna intercool do a powerpipe instead of the plastic inlet from the kit and FYI superchargersonline have mounting kits/hardware, different inlet,discharge tubes etc..

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
Thanks for all the info BM......Im researching like crazy to make sure I pick the right setup............I'm still a few weeks away from install....

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
When i say fab your own piping i dont mean specifically that you would have to do it yourself and measure and cut and tig. Im sure if you told the speed shop youre working with they can either make the piping or know an exhaust shop to do it. That way it will save you money, look much cleaner, and reduces chances of vacuum and boost leaks. Overall you will be like the new found power, just passing on my advice. Plus it never hurts to ask how much it would cost to construct the pipe system at a shop just to see how much it will really cost and save you.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
thanks for the input...advise well taken.......Im still waiting for a decent/verified pic....I have searched endlessly online

01yellercobra

Established Member
I know Procharger uses the same basic kit for it's blowers. I would imagine Vortech is the same. The size of the head unit might differ, but I imagine the piping for an S trim looks like the piping for an E trim.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread