V6 snaps driveshaft on dyno?

AmnDucky

Established Member
I wonder if Ford is still using driveshafts on the V6 that whip and come apart above 115.

chrisheltra

Established Member
PoleKitten? lol

Wonder how she paid for that car.

Her and her husband are personal friends of mine and no she is not a stripper. He did install a pole in the house for her though because she enjoys doing it for exercise in private. They are both very nice people. :thumbsup:

Anywho yeah they broke the d/s on a local dyno.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Her and her husband are personal friends of mine and no she is not a stripper. He did install a pole in the house for her though because she enjoys doing it for exercise in private. They are both very nice people. :thumbsup:

Anywho yeah they broke the d/s on a local dyno.

If you can find out, I'm wondering how many drag launches before it let go, if any, and also on what tires?

Torque breaks parts, and these 3.7s are nothing like the 4.0s were.:eek:

chrisheltra

Established Member
If you can find out, I'm wondering how many drag launches before it let go, if any, and also on what tires?

Torque breaks parts, and these 3.7s are nothing like the 4.0s were.:eek:

Maybe a dozen passes on stock rubber. The best they were ever able to run was high 8's IIRC bone stock in the 1/8th. They were testing the increase in HP with exhaust when the D/S let go.

andymarkv

Established Member
Damn that is scary.....
I intend to thrash my wifes '11 V6 pretty hard.
I really didn't want to have the expense of a one piece drive shaft. Especially after all of the vibration problems on the GT500.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I don't know that this happened, but repeated wheel hop will twist and fatigue splined shafts, which of course includes input, output and axle shafts.

These cars often still do hop. Just about every magazine test drag launch shows it.

I wonder if it's just that, and instead of axles, on this car the drive shaft is the weak link?

Users who are viewing this thread