V8 Sound/Exhaust Piped In?

califsp

Established Member
I had no idea Ford was doing this. I know other manufacturers have been piping engine/exhaust sound into the cabin for years. Now the Mustang Ecoboost has Active Noise Control - a noise cancelation and enhancement system. The only way to disable it is to pull a fuse!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Makes no difference to me. I was driving a stock EB today with the shift boot and other parts remove, essentially leving an open hole to the ground in the console. I enjoyed hearing the turbo flutter.

PewterCam

Established Member
Its a non-issue... I don't notice it at all on mine and I've not heard anyone that actually owns an EB Mustang complain about it or even say they notice it at all. The only people that do complain about it are people that have no actual first hand experience with it, usually V8 purist's and the Uber rare V6 Mustang fanatics.

Here is a video of the system on vs off. 55 seconds in is the wide open portion with system off and 1:55 is the system on. If you listen with headphones the only thing you notice is a little more bass piped in. That is it.

http://youtu.be/xGe7Q4p5Fk4

Users who are viewing this thread