Vacum gauge w/ a life of its own

IwishIwasfast

Established Member
I think I saw a post on this a while back, but I need some suggestions for my situation...please. The truck runs great, no problems there. It is completely stock (at least that's what I was told when I bought it) besides the catback & CAI. When I shut the truck off the vacum needle creeps about half way to boost and then sits there. Then, when the door gets closed it jumps about another quarter of the way up to boost and just sits there. If I haven't had any of the hoses off or been messing with anything, is this something to be concerned about?:shrug: Or can I take care of it somehow? Anyone else have this happen to them? Thanks for the info.

tparrott2

Established Member
My 04 goes to 0 when started.....what does yours do when running...my 01 was different...i don't look at any way ...the sound tells me if i'm going into boost

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Assuming factory gauge? Yeah, they are dummy gauges from the factory that never work right.

IwishIwasfast

Established Member
Yeah, factory gauge. Thing works perfectly fine when the truck is running. I wasn't sure if something was in one of my lines that might cause it to tweak out when I shut it off.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Maybe the gauge "pointer" is a little bit looser and is the reason why it sits in boost after shut off, and a door being closed is enough vibration to move it? Seems kinda far fetched but I wouldn't worry about it.

You could always consider an aftermarket Vac/Boost gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread