vacuum at idle

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
what is everyone seeing for vacuum at idle? i use to see around 21-19 but the last couple of days its been 19-20. is this normal. weather change maybe?

only thing different is that i have a bigger oil seperator / catch can that mostly collects water condensation. my smaller catch can use to collect the milky stuff.

thanks.

mods

hellion 78gts
aem tru boost controller.

Black Sex

Established Member
My autometer boost guage reads vacuum as well as boost. I thought it was low compaired to others in a similar thread. I asked and noone seemed to say anything. I have a homemade oil seperator. The car runs, idles, drive fine. I was at the dyno three weeks ago and the tuner didnt say anything about it. Any ideas on some common leak spots? My car has been like this for along time now. An Accufab throttle body wouldnt have anything to do with it would it?

TRBO VNM

unless you live in high altitude i see about 16 but i live at 5000+ ft

yeah, true, but I don't think he should be that far off.

Here in Iowa we are at 1170ft

send a pm to vitoman. if not on here, on modfords. I don't know if he is on here or not. he lives in iowa and can tell you what he sees.

cams would affect the amount of vac as well.

Black Sex

Established Member
do you think a pluged PCV valve could do that? I never changed that. I dont know what it could be. Maybe it is the gauge, but it reads boost correct

Users who are viewing this thread