Vacuum leak w/ KB?

umustdv8

Established Member
When I have the KB set up without boost bypass, the car stutters when racing between shifts. If I have it with boost bypass, it doesn't stutter between shifts. So the car seems to be faster with boost bypass on, but the KB install manual says "removing boost bypass makes the car faster".

I've checked all the lines 10,000 times. Purhaps this is a vacuum issue? Anyone experience this?

8UR VETT

Established Member
Talk to griffin he had a simalir problem. Im getting my kenne bell cobra back this wednesday i hope i have no problems with that.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by 1clean03
Talk to griffin he had a simalir problem. Im getting my kenne bell cobra back this wednesday i hope i have no problems with that.

griffin. That his screen name?

shagn03

Established Member
I had the exact same issue with the Eaton when the car was new, did the bypass and never has happened again.....

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Dane,

Call me Im having somewhat of a similar problem with my KB. IF you dont have my number then PM me yours I dont have it anymore cause my other phone crapped out.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I'm interested in what you guys find out. I have it on and my studders a little between shifts.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
I don't have this but I am interested in the solution just in case.

03Steve

Established Member
Hey guys, remember all those nifty plugs and caps KB includes with their kit? You wouldn't believe all of the useless piping that resides after the install.

I just removed a LOT of piping from my car, and two components. Also removed most of the large wire loom, and replaced it with smaller single line loom. I have three vacuum lines in the car! One for the gas tank, and two for the EGR control solenoid. Looks much nicer. Also put a small filter on the breather, and capped both sides of the intake elbow.

For boost lines, I have one to the FRPS from the blower fitting by the IAT2, a tee to the boost bypass solenoid, and a tee to the stock gauge.

Runs great! No leaks, no codes. I will post up some pictures of my motor in a few days when I get back from Springfield, MO.

coleman

Established Member
03Steve, yes. I took a few lines out the last time I put mine back together. I was able to pull two long lines that ran all the way across the engine that were simply capped.

I really need a better vaccuum diagram to understand how best to hook up everything including the BAP sensor.

But, be careful with those lines ... without a wbO2, I think I would have blown my engine this last time! :bash:

03Steve

Established Member
I agree, Coleman. The most critical line of all the piping is the boost line to the FRPS.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by black03
Dane,

Call me Im having somewhat of a similar problem with my KB. IF you dont have my number then PM me yours I dont have it anymore cause my other phone crapped out.

black03: You have a PM...

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Dane Griffen is local. If you come to the SVTOA meeting on Saturday we can look at it also.

Users who are viewing this thread