Vacuum Problem?

BuddhaSVT

Established Member
Check engine light came on. I still need to pull the code. But at the time the light came on i noticed that i get no power past 4k rpm. My vacuum/boost meter shows that i lose vacuum when it gets close to 0 and drops back to the 15-20 range. I can't get any boost at all. Is this a vacuum issue? Or is my supercharger messed up? Thanks

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
what kind of supercharger you running? Doubt it very seriously if you have a camshaft problem. when say you loose vacuum, you mean that you gain more vacuum, even under a load you have 15-20 hg of vacuum??

BuddhaSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by DSF
what kind of supercharger you running? Doubt it very seriously if you have a camshaft problem. when say you loose vacuum, you mean that you gain more vacuum, even under a load you have 15-20 hg of vacuum??

Yup, i guess i phrased that funny. I gain vacuum. All i mean is that on my boost meter the needle goes up towards zero(before boost) then drops back down toward the 15 hg line.

I'm running a Vortech V1, i don't know what trim it is.:nonono:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by BuddhaSVT
Yup, i guess i phrased that funny. I gain vacuum. All i mean is that on my boost meter the needle goes up towards zero(before boost) then drops back down toward the 15 hg line.

I'm running a Vortech V1, i don't know what trim it is.:nonono:

V1 is an S Trim. Hmmm, sounds like your bypass valve might be opening under boost. Or something is loose and partially coming off under the slightest boost. Check all your hoses and tighten all clamps. How long have you have the blower on the car?

BuddhaSVT

Established Member
The blower was on the car when i bought it. But as far as i know it has been on there for ~3-4 years.

It makes sense ... but would that kind of problem throw a P0300 code?

BuddhaSVT

Established Member
I think it may be a coil pack(s)...what kind of symptoms would the car show if this were the case. When driving the car it really does feel like it's using only four cylinders. Thnx

Users who are viewing this thread