Vadorsnake04 F1A cobra tuned

vadorsnake04

Established Member
What's your engine setup if you don't mind me asking.. This has me excited about my build and the potential power it can make.

305ci teksid
9.5:1 arias pistons
Custom grind comp cams degreed to 105/125
Ported heads
Procharger f1a
01 cobra intake with billet 1" spacer

That's the basics of it and what makes the power lol.

That idle is retarded sexy.

Thnx! I agree

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
305ci teksid
9.5:1 arias pistons
Custom grind comp cams degreed to 105/125
Procharger f1a
01 cobra intake with billet 1" spacer

That's the basics of it and what makes the power lol.

Thnx! I agree

Wow if that's all, my car is going to make freaking insane power on 18psi ahahaha.. Stock heads I assume??

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Very nice results. Enjoy it a little before you unload it.

Thnx, I probably should, but I doubt I do. How's your car doing? I searched trying to find a final thread, but didn't find anything...

Cobra intake not ported?

If not then that is actually surprisingly good. Shows that those Intakes can make GREAT power stock, which I had NO idea they could support that much.

Thnx. Yes unported 01 cobra intake, stock 01 cobra throttle body.

Wow if that's all, my car is going to make freaking insane power on 18psi ahahaha.. Stock heads I assume??

Oh crap I forgot to mention that my heads are ported. Sorry about that.

gabe1530

Banned
Thnx, I probably should, but I doubt I do. How's your car doing? I searched trying to find a final thread, but didn't find anything...

its coming a long, i havent been updating the thread.
engine was scrapped after i finally picked it up. block was good but the rest was spec'd incorrectly. starting fresh with a teskid and new pistons. bringing the compression up to around 10:1 with a crusher setup. it should be fun.

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
its coming a long, i havent been updating the thread.
engine was scrapped after i finally picked it up. block was good but the rest was spec'd incorrectly. starting fresh with a teskid and new pistons. bringing the compression up to around 10:1 with a crusher setup. it should be fun.

I wondered. We'll good luck man, I can't wait to see it complete! Why are you ditching the boss block?

gabe1530

Banned
I wondered. We'll good luck man, I can't wait to see it complete! Why are you ditching the boss block?

Thanks, I can't wait as well. I sold it for the benefits in weight and not having to worry about sealing issues. I had to get new pistons as they were spec'ed with way too much PTW clearance. The whole situation sucks but it should be much better in the long run now.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Thanks, I can't wait as well. I sold it for the benefits in weight and not having to worry about sealing issues. I had to get new pistons as they were spec'ed with way too much PTW clearance. The whole situation sucks but it should be much better in the long run now.

I see. Very cool, sounds like a good plan to me.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Can you post some pics? Any write ups

Basically you replace all the spacers for the main bracket with ones that are about two belt ribs longer. Machine the idler pulley bracket thinner by the same amount. Run a BGG 8-rib kit for the AC pulley, tensioner, two idlers, water pump, then an innovators west 8-rib harmonic balancer. I run a machine shop so this was fairly easy for me to do. Not sure if pics would help you, but I can if you like?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It was nice to finally meet you up at Dean's last time, Blake!

For anyone who never has, I've seen this car in person a handful of times. It's ridiculously nice and sounds insane in person. Such a well done car all the way around. Whoever winds up with it is going to get a hell of a nice Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread