Valentine 1 and Tinting

suprsnake

Established Member
do any of you valentine one owners know what happens with it and the use of tint on your windows? I know on the valentine site it says it will affect performance but how much does it really affect it? is it a noticable difference?

ZXnVS

Established Member
Normal tinting should only affect laser reception, which isn't very important since if you get hit by a laser you're already dead.

Metallized tint will act as electromagnetic shielding, weakening the radar signal before it is received by the V1, and therefore reducing your range (or preventing detection altogether). Avoid it like the plague unless you like speeding tickets.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I have the llumar metallized tint on my car all windows and it actually made my sunpass, a toll payment computer that is a radio transponder, to completely stop working. I had to cut-out the area above the rearview mirror for it to start working again. So yes it will definitely mess up the radar detectors range.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Originally posted by suprsnake
do any of you valentine one owners know what happens with it and the use of tint on your windows? I know on the valentine site it says it will affect performance but how much does it really affect it? is it a noticable difference?

Give Valentine a call. They're happy to discuss their products. They have a great tech support staff... Mike V will even get on the phone.

:beer:

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
chill factor...where can I found info on a Rousch Expedition...:rolling:

Oldest car in the lineup is needing replacing pretty soonn

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread