Valentine 1 Concealed Display Install

Matt M PA

Established Member
Hi guys....I really wanted one of these concealed displays installed in the Cobra, but did not want it simply taped to the top of the dash.

V1Terminator.jpg

I removed the casing from the unit, and installed it as shown. The only downside is that it is not as visible as I'd like when the car is in 5th. Small price to pay, in my opinion....as I can still see that it is going off. The jury is still out on exactly where the V1 itself gets mounted...above or below mirror.

I also got a phone line extension at the shack, and taped it to the top of the windshield, so now all I need is a short pigtail on the unit and stick it to the window.

Last edited:

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
With the dot matrix above the mirror, I think it would make you put it below the mirror or to the side.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
That looks absolutely stellar :beer:

I mounted mine above the mirror. I used small pieces of velcro in the suction cups and on the windshield. It's mounted all the way to the top edge of the windshield. No interference at all with the signal.. moreover, i have 20% tint on the back window and 35% on the sides. Works perfect..

v101.gif

v102.gif

Last edited:

Matt M PA

Established Member
Awesome job on the hidden install out99sider! I'd prefer to have mine as high as possible.

I finished the install today. I can post pics later, if folk want to see them.

First, I could not get anything to stick to that darned matrix black dot stuff on the windshield. I tried velco on the suction cups, even some sign vinyl over the dots..but still the cups came off. I wound up taking a clear license plate cover and cutting a section off about 2.5" by 1.5". I put the heavier duty velcro on this plate, and then attached to the windshield...high up. The suction cups stick great to the plastic license plate cover material.

For wiring, I got a telephone extension cord, and used 3M molding and emblem attaching tape to affix the female end of this cord to the very top of the windshield. I also vinyl dyed the visible parts of the cord and outlet black so that they would blend in. I ran the wires down the inside of the A pillar, using strip caulk to hold it in place and prevent rattles. I also did this in my truck, so that all I need to do is plug in with a very short cord that stays attached the V1.

I also installed a switch in an accessible location on the ground side of the V1 power lead. This kills the V1 and remote immediately.

I also got some cling 35% tint at the Wallymart. I may cut a piece out and use it where the rest of the matrix pattern is to help better hide the V1.

Users who are viewing this thread