Valeo "King Cobra" clutch

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I purchased a King Cobra model clutch from UPR last winter and installed it last Feb, within 6 miles the throw out bearing was screaming....I drove the car until Nov and pulled the clutch out to rebuild the engine, and I saw that the fingers were kinda worn like stair steps.. 6 months later UPR finally got ahold of Valeo and Valeo sent me a RGA# to send the clutch kit back to them. They inspected it and are warrantying it out.
Now here's my question, I straight up asked Brian, Adam and there boss Jeremy at UPR how much power the King Cobra will handle and I got answers from 450-650hp. I even told them that all three of them were giving me different numbers. I asked the Valeo tech the same question and he told me MAYBE 10% over stock hp. Now I dont know if they say that because that's all they will warranty, but does anyone know how much they will hold????, I'm only going to be putting down maybe 350 to the wheels.
As for UPR , they are garbage. Ive bought alot of stuff off them and had a rough time from the beginning. I took Adam 4 months to get ahold of Valeo, when I just googled there number and called them myself only to find out from Valeo that they hadnt heard from UPR in reference to a warranty in quite some time.

Thanks for your help

bornatiger

Established Member
Iirc, that clutch is damn near identical to the stock clutch. At 350hp you should be fine if it isn't a track car. My stocker is still in after 85k miles and has just started slipping. As for the t.o.b., the consensus is, only use frpp hd t.o.b. almost everything else is garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread