Value of 03 cobra crank and rod?

jcar302

Established Member
My dilema is this, i have an unassembled 03 cobra engine. Fine condition, but the last guy that had it took it apart, i mean all of it. Not sure what his plan was, but i brought all the shortblock parts and block to the machine shop and they said it looks to be fine, no scoring or damage. I'd like the machine shop to put new bearings in and re-ring it, but they don't seem to care for that idea. They want to go all out, or nothing.

Money is getting tight on my Foxbody conversion.

I'm under the assumption, the cobra crank and rods are worth about $800, is this true?

If i could just sell them, put the money towards one of a couple stock 03 cobra shortblocks i have leads on, i could save alot of cash.

My car is light, so there is no need for anything more than 500rwhp, so a built up shortblock (which my present plan) is not really necessary.

Having these parts used in my shorblock, with new pistons is going to run me about $2200, selling them and buying a used shortblock would save me over a grand.

I was also thinking i may put a WTT ad up here (on this site), where i would trade these parts and cash to someone for a shortblock, this way they get money back out of their shortblock, and have parts to give the builder. Instead of them dissassembling a perfectly good engine.
Good idea?

Users who are viewing this thread