value of a low mileage 93 cobra??

clintro10

Established Member
Hi folks, I have a chance to purchase an extremely low mileage 93 cobra. It has less than 100 miles. The car is perfect as you can imagine. What do you think its worth? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

~Ray~

Established Member
I don't know about all of that but I know I've seen some really low "maybe a few thousand miles" go on ebay & the trader for around $21k I really don't think it's worth no $28k, I know what I paid for mine & one was like only $11k & it only had 12,000 miles, sure I got a good deal on it but still $25-$28 I've seen low "to almost no" mile Cobra R's go for that.

Last edited:

jspalmer01

Established Member
Speedfreek said:
Low Mile R's are in the 40-50k range now.

Yes agree, and I believe you can get 25K for a no mileage street model these days. My buddy just sold his original 13K mile 1993 for 18K on EBay. Deals can be made for less but I believe the original ultra low mileage ones will go for a lot more.

BiLL1024

Established Member
I turned dowm 11k a couple weeks ago at a local cruse in.
I think what state you live in may play a part in the price too.
Not many 93 cobras around here in Dutchess co NY.

jhein2580

Established Member
I think 24K-30K is a resonable price. Think of it like this: The car is brand new and original price was about 21K. Lets say the average US inflation rate is 3%, take the original 21K and calculate the inflation on that. The new asking price would be about 31K. It is not out of the question to ask 24K-30K for the very low miles Cobras. I realize this is not an exact formula for a car but look at what you are getting. Remember that this car is one rare collector and fans of this car are willing to pay big bucks to get their hands on one, especially a virgin car.
Just my $.02!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
clintro10 said:
Hi folks, I have a chance to purchase an extremely low mileage 93 cobra. It has less than 100 miles. The car is perfect as you can imagine. What do you think its worth? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have thought about this for a few days and was not sure wheather to bring it up or not, but you said "any thoughts would be appriciated". When I was shopping for ultra low mile cars, I found an issue that is not commonly thought about, the storage condition of the car over the years. A car that looks "as-new", can in some ways need to be restored. I have found cars that have been stored can, sometimes, be in very bad condition on the bottom side. Many items on the bottom side are not painted or coated from the factory, these items rust/oxidize quickly in humid storage conditions. In addition to rust on steel, oxidation on things like alternators, racks, w/p and other natural/uncoated aluminum can be an ever increasing problem. I have found some cars that look as if they have been exposed to salt after they have been stored for just a few years in a humid environment. Yes, a car with these ultra low miles can look great and feel great when you sit in the drivers seat but be very disappointing when you look under the car. Many people who buy and store cars do not think about humidity, they just keep the car out of the elements, snow, rain etc. A common method of storage in the colder climates is in a heated garage during the winter. What I have found in this storage condition is that high humidity conditions outside, snow, rain etc. causes high humidity in the air. If the garage door is opened, or the facility is not sealed, that humidity makes its way into the storage area and mixes with the heat and we all know what heat and humidity causes.......condensation. This condensation causes all unprotected metals to deteriorate, sometimes very quickly. A/C or a dehimidifier is the best way to keep humidity at bay.

This car might be fine top to bottom, but many are not.

R

Last edited:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
Robert M said:
I have thought about this for a few days and was not sure wheather to bring it up or not, but you said "any thoughts would be appriciated". When I was shopping for ultra low mile cars, I found an issue that is not commonly thought about, the storage condition of the car over the years. A car that looks "as-new", can in some ways need to be restored. I have found cars that have been stored can, sometimes, be in very bad condition on the bottom side. Many items on the bottom side are not painted or coated from the factory, these items rust/oxidize quickly in humid storage conditions. In addition to rust on steel, oxidation on things like alternators, racks, w/p and other natural/uncoated aluminum can be an ever increasing problem. I have found some cars that look as if they have been exposed to salt after they have been stored for just a few years in a humid environment. Yes, a car with these ultra low miles can look great and feel great when you sit in the drivers seat but be very disappointing when you look under the car. Many people who buy and store cars do not think about humidity, they just keep the car out of the elements, snow, rain etc. A common method of storage in the colder climates is in a heated garage during the winter. What I have found in this storage condition is that high humidity conditions outside, snow, rain etc. causes high humidity in the air. If the garage door is opened, or the facility is not sealed, that humidity makes its way into the storage area and mixes with the heat and we all know what heat and humidity causes.......condensation. This condensation causes all unprotected metals to deteriorate, sometimes very quickly. A/C or a dehimidifier is the best way to keep humidity at bay.

This car might be fine top to bottom, but many are not.

R

good points. also if the car isn't started, that could cause issues

Users who are viewing this thread