valve cover swap

Nicwitha99

Established Member
Hey guys I accidentally posted this in the sn95 forum. Hoping to get a some info.

I just picked up some powder coated valve covers and im looking to do the swap. Can anyone give me some direction on how to remove my driver side valve cover?...The motor is still in the car and I really don't want to mess with the brake booster and master cylinder
if I don't have too. I would rather drop the k member, or jack the motor up. Just looking for any insight on easier methods of getting it out.

After reading some stuff, it sounds like if i loosen the drivers side motor mount nut, jack the motor up, remove the mount from the engine and set it back down, that may drop it enough to clear the brake booster. Any thoughts?

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
You're on the right track - everything I've ever read from those that have done this w/the engine in the car requires you to manipulate the engine angle by loosening the mount bolts and jacking it a bit.

Nicwitha99

Established Member
Ive been kicking around the idea of just dropping the k member again. I can lift the car off of it, then i'll have some room to work on it...I'm nervous about messing up the powder. plus there are some other issues I can take care of.
You're on the right track - everything I've ever read from those that have done this w/the engine in the car requires you to manipulate the engine angle by loosening the mount bolts and jacking it a bit.

thundernoodle

Established Member
Dropping the K member is the easiest. Its easy to drop it as well just make sure something is holding the motor. I did this swap a few monthsago

Users who are viewing this thread