Valve covers

BiLL1024

Established Member
I was reading Mustang 5.0&sf, there was a letter from someone that said our 93 cobras valve covers, have COBRA stamped into them. Mine do not. Do yours?
Thanks
Bill

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
the 94/95 have the COBRA stamped in them. We got the regular stamped steel covers that also came on the 94/95 GT's.

Those 94/95 cobra covers are getting harder to find. If you find a set, get them.

PJM99

Established Member
nope, plain black.

BTW, do teh Ford Racing valve covers fit our cars. The ones that have the COBRA on them. Here is a pic..........

fms-m6582f302_m.jpg

or these

fms-m6000c302_cp.jpg

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
PJM99 said:
nope, plain black.

BTW, do teh Ford Racing valve covers fit our cars. The ones that have the COBRA on them. Here is a pic..........

fms-m6582f302_m.jpg

or these

fms-m6000c302_cp.jpg

Technically the top ones will fit but there will be a hole on one side to plug up. The ones in the lower picture will be a better choice as it has the oil fill tube like the factory ones. With either one, you may have to turn the vacuum fitting on the rear of the upper intake for clearance on the drivers side. You will see what I am talking about once you go to install the upper back on the car. No big deal at all.

kcp203

Established Member
Not sure about those exact covers, but I know that on many aftermarket covers you need to remove the inside baffle under the oil filler hole in order to have enought clearance for the roller-rockers.

blk50cobra

Established Member
I have those covers and removed the baffle and ground down some of the posts for clearance. Anybody do this and then reattach a new baffle with more clearance?

blk50cobra

Established Member
If you're using a breather with supercharger, sometimes oil gets blown out the breather and makes a mess. I was thinking about trimming the baffle and having it welded back in. It would sit higher than before to provide more clearance, but still enough opening for it to breathe.

PJM99

Established Member
not worth the hassle then. They would look sharp though.

psucobra

Established Member
Here is a pic of the 94/95 valve covers. This is my first attempt at posting a pic hope it works.

9495cbravc14xy.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread