Valve lash adjuster replacement

ShelbyMax69

My sporadic tick ended up being a bad plug. Of course this was after I replaced all the valve lashers on the drivers side.

Not sure your level of wrenching expertise, but even being an old pushrod guy, it wasn't overly complelicated, more of a PITA with the valve cover. The lowered engine may or may not help you...........can't say for sure. Plan on an entire weekend taking your time.
So, replacing the Spark Plugs stopped the noise your engine was making in the above video? I have the same exact noise coming from my '13 GT500 with 9k Miles on it. Im wondering if it is the plugs ?

buddha93

Established Member
Swap banks, if it follows it, then you know. I'm still amazed at how distinct of a metallic knock it had. Doubt it would have been the case with stock manifolds.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So, replacing the Spark Plugs stopped the noise your engine was making in the above video? I have the same exact noise coming from my '13 GT500 with 9k Miles on it. Im wondering if it is the plugs ?
My 08 GT500 had a pretty bad ticking noise, I had replaced all my lash adjusters and it didn't fix it. But suprising I never tried changing the spark plugs. I'm genuinely curious if changing spark plugs would actually fix the issue. Obviously that car is long gone. But now I'm curious lol.

I've also seen guys use this stuff for the tick

ShelbyMax69

My 08 GT500 had a pretty bad ticking noise, I had replaced all my lash adjusters and it didn't fix it. But suprising I never tried changing the spark plugs. I'm genuinely curious if changing spark plugs would actually fix the issue. Obviously that car is long gone. But now I'm curious lol.

I've also seen guys use this stuff for the tick
Thanks for this..... This is something to consider adding ot the engine also.

buddha93

Established Member
To be clear though, the car had a distinct miss along with the tick. It was more than just sound, but never once through a MIL light.

Users who are viewing this thread