Various Cobra Parts

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
haha Vince yes I did get kicked off cornercarvers
I truly am a newb:D
I guess making a repost during kill newbs week or whatever it was was not a good idea:nono:
anyways, I had no intention of going to an adjustable shock as I don't have the experience nor the patience at this point in my life to mess around with fine tuning a suspension at that level with no experience and too little knowledge

I had also been hoping to get a seat(stock gt seats are atrocious) and a rollbar or possibly a cage this winter and was still debating whether to rock the stock suspension or do coilovers
I had been led to believe that the shock valving had the larger effect on handling than spring rates, but I don't know what to believe anymore:shrug:

even if I did buy your shocks now I had still been debating whether to put them on now or let them sit for awhile until i decided to upgrade to coilovers with higher spring rates
As for an oversteer problem Vince, I love a tail happy car even on the street:rolling: , and I think most would agree it may be more difficult to drive but I find it more enjoyable to drive than a car with understeer.(reason why I haven't put on the cobra front sway I have sitting in the corner of my garage)
As for the fact that John still rocks the stock suspension, that is truly amazing, but mushy suspension just drives me nuts:xpl:

anywho back on topic, if the funds are still available in November I'm pretty sure I will be taking these off your hands, as I may have other plans for the car that don't involve road racing that I would've been flamed for days on cornercarvers for even after I was banned that I won't say here. But I probably won't be able to make up my mind on that until next summer about that.

Last edited:

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
ddl6289 said:
Vince,

Now its my turn to hijack your for sale thread.

I recently switched over to the MM3-valved Bilsteins (both front and rear). I'm running 500 lb front and 700 lb rear coilovers. The car feels noticably better on the track with this combo. Previously I was running 03 cobra bilsteins w/ 500 lb coilovers on the front and 00R bilsteins w/ 650 coilovers on the rear. I've also gone with a smaller front sway bar (1-inch). Instead of understeer I'm might have a touch of oversteer now. I would like run 315/35/17 tries in the rear to tame the oversteer.

BTW the above-mentioned MM3 Bilsteins feel great on the street. Very compliant.

Dan

With all the hijack's, this is getting to be like the Cobra-R forum. :D

Nice to hear from you Dan, one of these days I need to call you and discuss suspension. Better to talk to someone that has done it, rather than someone that hasn't. :bowdown:

Wow, you think they (Race 3) are ok on the street? Do you think the Race 3 Bilsteins were a better choice than the Koni's?

How are the tubular control arms, did you ever put them on?

The one thing that keeps me from a larger tire in the rear is that I want to rotate...

Fast99Snake said:
anywho back on topic, if the funds are still available in November I'm pretty sure I will be taking these off your hands, as I may have other plans for the car that don't involve road racing that I would've been flamed for days on cornercarvers for even after I was banned that I won't say here. But I probably won't be able to make up my mind on that until next summer about that.

What do you mean, other plans that do not involve road racing? :shrug: You are not going to give up road racing, are you? :poke:

Just saw you want off the list, thanks for letting me know...

Last edited:

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
not sure on plans yet
ill still be getting out to roadcourses soon

ive met a few pros who perform other sports so to speak
as silly as it sounds getting the car slideways is a lot of fun:D

Users who are viewing this thread