Vehicle Warrenties

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
Hey,

So my explorer is getting up there in miles, i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with 3rd party warranties with companies? Like Mogi and such. I'd like to have some warranty on my truck since its getting 130k+ miles.

So anyone have anything they use? or suggestions?

John

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
You have to remember that they are in the business of making money. If they can find a reason to fight you on a claim, they are going to do it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Hey,

So my explorer is getting up there in miles, i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with 3rd party warranties with companies? Like Mogi and such. I'd like to have some warranty on my truck since its getting 130k+ miles.

So anyone have anything they use? or suggestions?

John

don't bother. just take good care fo the exploder. as Ford Racer said they are in it to make money and a warranty to cover a vehicle with that many miles will a) be expensive b) wont cover much and C) what it does cover will not be worth the hassle of getting money out of them.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
yeah dont do it just save up some cash for a just in case fund and keep good maintanence on her

edit i just sold my 97 explorer sport awd with 145k on it.

only thing that ever happend was the trans went out and the belt tensioner both around 120k miles

Last edited:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
For the record, my buddy bought a 3rd party warranty from a company on his 01 cobra.

He bought the car in Jan.

The motor blew in Feb.

Took it to a shop, the dealership and the warranty company looked at the car and said sorry we arent fixing it.

Car is still at the shop sitting collecting dust while he pays $370 a month on a car he cannot afford to fix because he thought he was paying the warranty company to cover it.

tankerman1981

Established Member
like said all before above.. really not worth itfo how many miles you have on your car now... would be better to just take the money you would pay them and put it in a savings account for when you might need to replace something

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Warranties are either hit or miss. Generally the latter I'd say.

I have an EZ Care extended warranty that goes through the Miller Ford by me. It's a 3rd party company but they require I go to this Ford for all maintenance, oil changes, whatever. What everyone else said is spot on though, when something breaks they send a representive adjuster to come inspect the broken part(s). What this translates to is "We're sending someone out to prove that it is indeed your fault so we don't have to pay for it."

Luckily though I just got a new transmission for the cost of the deductible because they couldn't find anything to point at me when they opened it up. But generally they'll fight you back.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
John, save up that $2000 or so its gonna cost you and maintain your vehicle. coolant flushes, power steering flushes, brake flushes, trans flushes, rear end flushes. Plus you know someone that sells Ford parts ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread