Vehicle wrap

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Wax? Polish? Soap and water? I just don't see it personally, unless you daily drive the car, even then.

dom418

Established Member
Wax? Polish? Soap and water? I just don't see it personally, unless you daily drive the car, even then.

X2 it's a mustang. I could see if you just wanted a different look, but covering the entire car to protect the paint is a little crazy. Why cover up the vary color you paid good money to own?

Wrap the front end and behind the rear tires with Xpel ultimate clear bra and call it a day. This way you will stop any rock chips.

Digital

Established Member
Only way I'd wrap a car is to get a exotic design that would cost a fortune to paint by hand. You can have someone design some crazy sick shit on a computer then print and wrap your car for a fraction of what it costs to do the work by hand. But if you're going to just wrap it a solid color the cost isn't that much different then having the car painted that color.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wrap the front end and behind the rear tires with Xpel ultimate clear bra and call it a day. This way you will stop any rock chips.

The only downer with that, especially on a white car, the paint will fade differently so if he ever takes it off he'll have noticeable lines (granted, he leaves it on there for awhile and it sits in the sun).

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
The only downer with that, especially on a white car, the paint will fade differently so if he ever takes it off he'll have noticeable lines (granted, he leaves it on there for awhile and it sits in the sun).

Not if it spends most of its life in the garage :poke:

boostingwild

Established Member
damn. i do drive my car often. its not a daily driver but when i drive spirited with my friends there tends to be lots of debris around etc..

I know its just a mustang, but when i get a nick or a scratch it bothers me haha.

ill think about it, i figured i ask to see if anyone had some crazy color combo they could think of thats not offered via factory.

ThomasL

Established Member
I'd go Plasti Dip over wrap any day. You don't like it? Easy to remove and you're only out maybe 20 bucks. Granted, you won't have quite as many color options as wrap, but still...

dom418

Established Member
damn. i do drive my car often. its not a daily driver but when i drive spirited with my friends there tends to be lots of debris around etc..

I know its just a mustang, but when i get a nick or a scratch it bothers me haha.

ill think about it, i figured i ask to see if anyone had some crazy color combo they could think of thats not offered via factory.

Yeah I get that you want to protect it but your color combo looks sick so I'd hate to see you cover up that finish.

I have clear bras and if waxed like the rest of the car didn't fade the paint for me.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Just as a heads up, if you are doing a clear bra in the front section which is what I did and you don't take off the stripes you will find that when the clear bra goes over the lines they will not have that matte color that the stripes have...I am having to take the sections off and redo without the stripes and then put the stripes over the clear bra to maintain the look. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manuel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread