Vendor Feedback Request 0n TPS Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Hey group, wondering if anybody has some experience doing actual business with MikeM and TPS Motorsports? How was your experience?

TIA, Jason

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
They weren't the most friendly, but my rotors were what they said they would be.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Thanks. That's what I'm getting, too. I'm going to buy a VMP blower today to take advantage of the special but the attitude and changing of pricing has really got me concerned. I'm hoping the guy is just having a bad day and will make good on his web prices, if not, it'll be a shame. Guess I'll just go direct to the source.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I would go direct. They are good people. I visited the shop last February when when we took a family trip to Orlando.

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
I would go with vmp as they know more about sales & more knowledgeable about the products. Tps is more of just sales & 0% finance for a year lol

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I bought my stripper VMP kit from mike last year. This year bought a few more parts from him. I would buy again. Everything I bought from him is as advertised.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I've purchased some stuff from Mike in the past and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Got exactly what I ordered and got what I considered to be extremely good prices for it...No complaints whatsoever...

Also, drove down to VMP and had them install my 2.4 pulley and dyno tune it. Great shop, great people, no complaints on his prices either...

Really can't go wrong either way...

Probably get it al ittle cheaper through Mike, probably get a little more service after the sale out of VMP (since it's their product to begin with)...

Last edited:

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I would go with vmp as they know more about sales & more knowledgeable about the products. Tps is more of just sales & 0% finance for a year lol

Captain obvious.... Lol
Nothing wrong with buying from a second party. Hard for some of us to come up with 3-4k in cash

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Thanks guys, was going to pull the trigger with Mike due to his 0% for a year. I don't need too but would rather leave the cash in the bank for the upcoming holidays, if you know what I mean. Mike's price was no different than VMP so it was the draw of the zero %, no shipping and his offer to buy my stock blower. Everything was agreed upon, came time to order yesterday, he's honoring VMP's sales price but no longer doing free shipping and offering less than he originally offered for my stock blower a few weeks ago. I understand he's got a business to run but when questioned the inconsistencies, I simply got a response of...

"To be honest with you VMP changed the terms when they lowered the price. I could easily not offer financing and not accept the trade in any more.

If your interested in financing please send me your email and I will send you the credit app
"

That chaps me in more than a few ways. This is my first experience with him and his business and I'm not sure what to think. I responded with this comment and am waiting to hear back...

"Your own website states free shipping, that's my confusion. About the trade, you're right you don't have to offer me any trade, nor do you have to offer finance but you did. Now not only do you not seem to want to honor your word on the trade but the attitude that comes across below seems you're not interested in me as a customer. I truly hope that's not the case and you simply had a frustrating Black Friday. Either way, let me know. I'll be buying today whether it be through you or another vendor. "

JS

Last edited:

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
Captain obvious.... Lol
Nothing wrong with buying from a second party. Hard for some of us to come up with 3-4k in cash

I'm not saying their is something wrong with financing. Some salesmen don't know what their selling when u have a question, u get an answer like whatever the website says or I don't know. All I see him posting is a happy face & done.

Last edited:

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Has not been mentioned but if you buy from VMP they give you free tunes till you get it right. Do not know if they do this if you buy their product from someone else.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Has not been mentioned but if you buy from VMP they give you free tunes till you get it right. Do not know if they do this if you buy their product from someone else.

Not sure if anyone other then vmp sells a vmp tune but if they did you would go straight to the source which would be bj or Justin at VMP.

But as far as buying there products from someone else. The seller (tps) in california will contact VMP and vmp will ship from There warehouse in Florida

Last edited:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Thanks again guys. I use Lund for my tuning needs so that point is moot. It really came down to his finance and his offer to buy back my M122, making the deal even better. That all seemed to go out the window today. I felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman playing lets make a deal, rather than trying to buy a part. I finally got it ordered through TPS as I never heard back from BJ on an e-mail I sent him. But the whole experience really made me feel dirty. HA!

JS

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Well congrats in your purchase regardless

Yea, that's the plus. It's done and pretty excited about the upgrade. Almost took Van's advice and went KB. Decided to hold off until I have a built motor. Seems this blower with added mods will put me at peak HP on stock bottom end with 93 octane. Should keep me satisfied for now.

DGladhill

Established Member
Yea, that's the plus. It's done and pretty excited about the upgrade. Almost took Van's advice and went KB. Decided to hold off until I have a built motor. Seems this blower with added mods will put me at peak HP on stock bottom end with 93 octane. Should keep me satisfied for now.

The KB is a screamer, you won't regret it. That and when I bought my stage 3 kit ( plugs, CAI, 2 pullies, throttle body, SCT X4, etc. ) it was 25% off and ended up being like $4800 ( 2.8LC mammoth ) out the door. Van is good people and won't point you in the wrong direction!

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
So you had an agreed upon price and he changed his mind or vmp lowered their price for the holiday sale and you expected the same from him? My experience has been he is cheaper than the vendors on here.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
JS,

As we discussed via PM, I don't have an email from you (but I do have over 500 others I'm going through, so as requested, shoot me another with the obvious subject line I suggested and I'll see if it shows).

In any case, the price we have on GEN II and other things on our home page are incredibly low. To protect our dealers, we offered them some money off the price they normally pay for those products. That said, they most definitely don't have the margin they normally have, and it's temporary. I'm sure they're doing their best.

Our 1 year warranty is intact whether you buy from us or any of our dealers.

We do some private label calibrations for a few people. If you buy a tune directly from us, we support any future mods you buy from us by revising them on a complimentary basis. We do not do the same with calibrations you buy from a dealer. Why? Because we sell them at wholesale to the dealer. At retail, from us, you're paying for support and the revisions. The same goes for revisions for parts purchased elsewhere. We're at parity with most retailers on parts...less on many, slightly more on a few....but not enough that it makes sense to buy elsewhere and then pay for a revision. You support us....we support you. Nice how that works and it's the least we can do for our valuable direct customers.

Our dealers are very important to us. We appreciate them carrying and supporting our products. They know they're in the business of paying wholesale and selling at (whatever their version is of) retail.

We appreciate you supporting them as well.

bj

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I purchased an McLeod RXT clutch last year from them and got an unbelievable price and excellent service plus 6 months 0 interest which I took advantage of. The price was so good that my friend whom gets an incredible discount direct from McLeod couldn't beat it and he told me to buy from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread