Vent

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
I know I'm trading my S4 in....but today just pissed me off even more.

So, I've had a check engine light on for a while now. I had my O2 sensors replaced, and that didn't fix anything. So, today I get the bright idea to reset my ECU to just see if it was some bad gas or whatever.

WELLLLLL, when i did this my radio reset to "SAFE" mode. Ok no big deal...now where is that radio manual??? OH NO WHERE BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I call Audi and ask them if I just give them my VIN and get the code. NOPE, i have to take it in and they remove the radio and get the S/N off the back. HBL wants $170 plus tax. So, I said a few words and hung up. Thank god I called another Audi dealer and they said it will be $60 bucks.

F U Audi.............NEVER AGAIN WILL I OWN A AUDI PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, $60 to reset the radio because you unhooked the battery? What happens if you need a new battery?? Total BS.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
why does it cost them 60 bucks, most raios only require you to punch the radio buttons in a certain order like a code....invest the 60 bucks in an aftermarket radio, that way teh next time you leave your interior light on and the car is dead you dont have to pay them to reset the radio..highway robbery

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
PSU for some reason AUDI had to have the stupid ass safe mode.

mike, audi's suck, get another ford.

wait for a audi fanboy to come in and say "they're so much more luxurious than cobras blah blah blah".... yeah, when they're not in the dealership, getting worked on, lol.

gtmustang88

Established Member
Alot of gm products in the 90's are like that. Luckily I work for a dealership and got a telephone number to call in the code and to get the code to unlock them.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Last edited:

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
Dude Cookie thanks for the info...however, Audi said they will not release the code unless its from an authorized deal..WTF

I'm just going to bite the bullet and spend the sixty bucks....live and learn

BLK_VNM

Established Member
safe mode is basically so if someone jacks your radio to try and sell that it wont work with out re entering that code. its audi anti theft system for the radio.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
So is this just a racket Audi thought up to put $$$ in it's dealer's shops? I can't believe there's no way you can't make a radio that shuts down, needs rebooting or whatever when ripped off, but if the power's cut by accident, it can't be reset by driving the car that it came in originally into the shop, and having someone do something that doesn't require removing the radio and charging $170! That's ludicrous!!

Users who are viewing this thread