Venting Procharger SC Supercharger Gearcase

Wicked

Established Member
Guys,
I get a little oil seepage from the bottom of my blower. I am not sure if its from the drain plug or gear case. When I check the oil, the gearcase is pressurize from the hot oil vapor. I was thinking about trying to vent it through the fill plug by making a new plug with hole drilled in it. I think this would solve my oil seepage. I would make the new fitting such that any vapor would go thru a small catch can.

Anyone tried this? I can't see how it would hurt the blower, if anything it'd be better for it.

Wicked

Established Member
Well, I been venting the blower for two days of my normal driving with plenty of boost and there is no oil on the bottom of the blower and no oil vapor/residue in the vent tube.

I basically took a bolt and drill a hole through it. I cut the bolt head off and put a nut about halfway down the threaded portion. I then thread it into the dipstick hole. I put a piece of tubing on it just in case I developed any oil vapor in it. Since I haven't seen any oil I could probably do without the tube, but right now I have it such that if it ever did get moisture or oil in it it will drip onto the ground.

My buddy just got a procharger as well and get some seepage on the bottom of the blower as well. I am gonna make sure he does this same mod.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread