Vert boot quality

GF Scot

Established Member
Has anyone had problems fitting the boot to the vert? I have had mine since July 2nd, and it is now beginning to take the form of the creases where it folds. The fit is useless when it is on the car. A tent out of a sports store would probably fit better! Has anyone taken the boot back to their dealer to get a replacement?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Mine fits well.
I actually got some comments on it this past Sunday at a Mustang show about how good it looked and fit from a 98 vert owner. The center tab tends to creep up a little but not too bad.

I don't fold mine when I take it off, just lay it flat in the garage.

ObieFox

Established Member
If you keep it in the trunk it will become useless. Like everyone said, leave it in the garage unless you're going on a longer drive with the top down.

KO

GF Scot

Established Member
Thanks for all the useful info, guys.

The boot is just crap quality and very poorly designed. In fact, probably not designed at all.

I would be keen to find out the cost of an alternative boot; one that would look good and not be of such poor quality. Two piece PC would be good. Anyone know any vendors?

In the meantime, I am going back to the dealer to get one that is at least flat and then I will hang it in the garage as the folks are saying. So Ford should add to the Owner's Manual: "Hang Boot in garage until flat and always between uses"!.

Users who are viewing this thread