Very Impressed with BBR

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
so i decided to install some longtube headers on my boss acouple of days ago so i went to a local performance shop close to where i live so they could install and dyno the car. to make a long story short i had them baseline my car before they installed the headers. so with just a cai, offroad xpipe, tune and a axleback which really doesnt do much but add tone, the car netted
410hp & 380tq so they unstrapped the car from the dyno and started installing the headers once they were done we strapped the car back on to the dyno we ran through the datalogs and proceeded to do a pull everything seemed fine but the numbers were alittle off the car only pulled
414hp & 360tq so i knew sumthing was wrong so i only gained 4hp and lost
20tq, being alittle dissapointed i called my tuner and explained to him what had happened and he advised me that i mite have to do a custom tune for my car and so i asked him if i could drive or do anything with my car he siad yes it was fine i just lost power. so after i got off the phone i told the shop manager to unstrap the car off the dyno and i decided to take the car home until i figured out what i was gonna do. so the following morning i decided to call BBR and see whats up and i explained my situation directly to chris jones
and he said yeah man i will be more than glad to help you out so i told him the mods i had and said ok just give me alittle time to do a tune for you i said cool ill be waiting, and within 2 or so hrs i had a email with my new tune attached. so we quickly upload the new tune on to the car and i was going back and forth with steve to make shure everything was being done rite. so we started doing the datalog and proceeded to do a 5th gear pull from 2000 to 7700 rpms so once we started pulling the car wuz hesitating alittle and the dyno automatically shut down the testing at around 6800rpms. and the car only netted 380hp & 352tq so dissapointed once again,i then called steve and explained to him what had happened again and he told me to send the datalogs so chris could veiw them so i did. waited abit and called steve again and he told me that i totally pulled timing so he suggested to to cool down the car more and return the car to stock and send him the strategy code on the tuner. so i hung up the phone and uninstalled the tune and postioned some fans in front of the car, and so i waited abit more until i called steve once more and he told me that the tune and datalogs were spot on to go ahead and do one more pull and see where it ends up. so i uploaded the tune back into the car turned the car on and gave the load pedal alittle tap and quickly noticied the car being responsive so we proceed to do one more 5th gear pull from from 2000 to 7700 rpms and this this time the car totally pulled hard and the car netted 465hp & 405tq on the dyno. with that said i cannot thank chris and steve from BBR enough they totally exceeded my expectaions with there tuning capabilities and there customer service is topnotch i would totally recommend BBR to anyone:rockon:

i will be posting up the track videos from friday which the car ran a 11.6 @117 with a 1.63 60ft and the dyno sheets aswell.

Gr8toz

Established Member
I think Steve is great to deal with, Awesome #s, but that seems a little high just for headers doesn't it? I thought maybe around 425 area.

Last edited:

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
Same dyno was used on all 3 pulls.

I also thought the samething Gr8toz since I was low balling the numbers quite abit. But the shop manager showed me another dyno sheet from another boss that is around here that they dynod also with the same mods but not the same brand also dynod well at 440hp & 390tq so they were expecting around the same numbers with mine.

Here is a crappy pic of the numbers rite after I pulled
F8FD16A5-07E3-4840-8454-C5CEA2F3E0BD-105-000000080D89A68B.jpg

FAB927A9-DC48-4FB5-87FE-5C3A67469160-105-00000000D033BFD5.gif

Gr8toz

Established Member
What kind of headers did you use? And what are your mods? I've seen #s that high with cams, LT headers, CAI and tune, but never with just long tubes and CAI. I'm not saying its not possible, but 50hp is a lot just for that one mod, that's very impressive, LT are going on my Christmas list for mods. Awesome numbers. :)

Last edited:

Gr8toz

Established Member
Your car looks really good also. You know GHIG is the fastest color anyway.:banana:

Last edited:

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
Thanks man I am using stainless works 1 7/8 headers with matching offroad X, bassani catback and airaid boss Carbonifber intake and bbr tune

NOGI88

Established Member
make a video of the exhaust. i'd like to hear that set up! a 3rd gear pull filming the speedo would be nice too lol.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Nice numbers and car !

I'll have my headers on next week and we can compare.

Right now with a tune jlt cold air and x pipe it made 410.

With 465 you should run at least 120. IMO

These cars pull timing bad. I've run 112-115 with my car. Something is happening up top.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Awesome #'s Joe. Glad those headers are getting put to good use, i only made a little over 400 with those same mods on my auto GT.

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
Nice numbers and car !

I'll have my headers on next week and we can compare.

Right now with a tune jlt cold air and x pipe it made 410.

With 465 you should run at least 120. IMO

These cars pull timing bad. I've run 112-115 with my car. Something is happening up top.

Yes I was told that I am still pulling timing up top and I am having heat issues. And that is mostly likely one of the causes of me not trapping higher:/

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Yes I was told that I am still pulling timing up top and I am having heat issues. And that is mostly likely one of the causes of me not trapping higher:/

They can shut the torque tables off up top...I'm going to log it with Ken from Lund next time out and he will make some adjustments for me. I'm sure Chris can do the same for you.

The mph change is crazy....I went 12.47 at 115 and 12.47 at 112 same night...1/8 track mph was the same as well as the 60ft. Weird stuff??

The funny thing is it will make good power on the chassis dyno and not run a number.

stinkfist4.6

Established Member
They can shut the torque tables off up top...I'm going to log it with Ken from Lund next time out and he will make some adjustments for me. I'm sure Chris can do the same for you.

The mph change is crazy....I went 12.47 at 115 and 12.47 at 112 same night...1/8 track mph was the same as well as the 60ft. Weird stuff??

The funny thing is it will make good power on the chassis dyno and not run a number.

Yup I totally get what your saying

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Yup I totally get what your saying

Good thing I'm converted away from Drag Racing and running the track stuff...lol

I'm still a power junkie though...If I thought the Hellion kit would work on the road course I'd have it on the car..

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I had one tune for a little little over a month just having a or xpipe. And switching over to the BBR tune along with their LCA's really changed the feel of the car, alot more reaponce over the one i came from. Having the benefit of living in the same town as their shop, i'v had the benefit of getting nearly weekly feedback and help personally, extremely helpfully and really friendly group of people over there. Steve helping me build this cars age in town ;)

Ill be going over there sometime after christmas to get my dss driveshaft and boss I/m put on then. Then id be right there stuck with headers as my last real option as a beneficial mod.. Though my neighbors hate me enough with my or pipe?

Last edited:

1BADPSD

Established Member
That is a nice increase in power, must be fun on the street.

What kind of dyno is this? My tuners dyno (dyno dynamic) reads really low. My boss bone stock made 365whp and the same day another '13 on the "red key" made 363whp.

My boss has only been on this 1 dyno throughout my build... Kinda curious what numbers I'd get on another. lol

Users who are viewing this thread